Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran a 1:39.08 time at (big) Willow Springs last weekend (best of 2 laps). Anyone else have a time at the track?
Dave

·
Registered
362 Posts
50kF360 said:
Ran a 1:39.08 time at (big) Willow Springs last weekend (best of 2 laps). Anyone else have a time at the track?
Dave
[/Q

UOTE]

I run close to that--depending on traffic--anywhere from 1:36-1:40..Couple weeks ago started melting tires on a 108 degree day.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Willow

Is your car stock? What kind of cold tire pressures are you running? One other question, have you noticed less performance with the new gasoline?
Thanks in advance!
Dave

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Willow

50kF360 said:
Is your car stock? What kind of cold tire pressures are you running? One other question, have you noticed less performance with the new gasoline?
Thanks in advance!
Dave
Cold pressure 35 front and 32 rear,car has so much negative camber that any less air and fronts blister on edges. engine makes 366HP to rear wheels,T1 brakes and adjustable bar links,Run 5 gal of 100-104 octane to 12-14 gallons of junk 91 octane for track use.Straight 91 for the street and yes a little less top end preformance

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run 30 and 30 cold. My track M3 has 3degrees neg. front camber so .75 doesn't seem like much on the Vette. What engine mods did you do and do you recommend the brake swap?
Dave

·
Registered
362 Posts
50kF360 said:
I run 30 and 30 cold. My track M3 has 3degrees neg. front camber so .75 doesn't seem like much on the Vette. What engine mods did you do and do you recommend the brake swap?
Dave
Had T1 rotors groved and treated,hawk pads have no number since they came from the orginal T1 testing program,i think they ae close to the orginal HP4. brakes are fantastic at Willow Springs with its long straights,Ok at buttonwillow but to aggressive on short twisters like Bragg smith.I use stock pads for autox.Just a airbox-magnaflow exhaust and x-pipe.Car has always been just a fration faster than most other 01's-even when brand new i would be a 1/2 car ahead of all the school cars after a long straight

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I learned my lesson with agressive pads for autocrossing. Put Pagid Orange's on my M3. What a mistake. Let me know next time you're going to Willow or Buttonwillow, I'd love to drive with some Vette guys.
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts