Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just heard that the Wilwood Superlight 6 is noisy to very noisy- any true to this???

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have Wilwood system???

·
Registered
891 Posts
I had Wilwood Dynalite calipers on another car. They were noisy on bumps because the pads were bouncing around in the caliper body. There was no provision for a spring to push pads to the forward rotation side of caliper like you have on all street calipers.

IF the Superlite calipers don't have a spring clip, then you will hear this noise. Sounds terrible, but does not hurt anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jz06man said:
I've just heard that the Wilwood Superlight 6 is noisy to very noisy- any true to this???

I have them on the front of my C5 and they are not noisy at all .

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had Superlite II's on the front and Dynalite's on the rear of another car and they were extremely noisey. I've had many tell me that their Wilwood's were silent, but I have yet to find a set that is. The calipers don't have any method to keep the pads from moving around which causes much of the noise. The noise gets worse as the pads wear. JMHO.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just saw the caliper, rotors & pads... The pads fit the calipers very tight!!! I can't see how they can move around or up and down... I was told to purchase the Wilwood Q pad which is very quiet.. Which is what i need and want... I'm not looking for noisy pads.
Makes sense- Q...
I'm getting them installed on Friday...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve L
Are your pads the Q pads????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts