Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade to the Wilwood Big Brake kit. I have a set of Sure Stop steel rotors(cross drilled and slotted) purchased from Speed, Inc. I noticed since they upgraded the site a weeks ago, that they no longer have them listed.
I would prefer not to replace these rotor;s since they are in excellent shape-and can use the cash$$ for some other upgrade like, stainless steel lines in the rear and maybe add some of these air ducts for cooling.
By the way, which air ducts are "good" and easy to install??

The rotors have about 3.5K on them. I would like to know if these rotors can be used with the Wilwood calipers?
I understand these calipers are for 1.25 inch thick rotors(pads???), but I don't know the thickness of the Sure Stop's...

If they do fit, will turning/shaving the front rotors be necessary.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
jz06man said:
I'm looking to upgrade to the Wilwood Big Brake kit. I have a set of Sure Stop steel rotors(cross drilled and slotted) purchased from Speed, Inc. I noticed since they upgraded the site a weeks ago, that they no longer have them listed.
I would prefer not to replace these rotor;s since they are in excellent shape-and can use the cash$$ for some other upgrade like, stainless steel lines in the rear and maybe add some of these air ducts for cooling.
By the way, which air ducts are "good" and easy to install??

The rotors have about 3.5K on them. I would like to know if these rotors can be used with the Wilwood calipers?
I understand these calipers are for 1.25 inch thick rotors(pads???), but I don't know the thickness of the Sure Stop's...

If they do fit, will turning/shaving the front rotors be necessary.
I suspect you will be very happy with the Willwoods. I have a Baer Alcon 14" front and 13.5" rear and am very happy with them. I will likely go to a 14.85" front at some point just becuase it looks awesome. The car stops on a dime.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If your rotors are stock sized, get the Wilwood kit from LG. I have it on mine and it works very well at the track, especially with Wilwood H pads. No issues with rotor/pad thickness, but I use cheap NAPA throwaway rotors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts