Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the Z's 3 windows tinted. I'm looking for a fairly dark tint.(Not as dark as limo tint). What i'm wondering is I have a valentine 1 radar detector. Is the effectiveness of the radar detector lessened due to the tint? If so what percent would be OK 30%, 40% or radar friendly if there is such a thing.Thanks. Greg :-?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts

I have a cheap Cobra Radar Detector, and I seem's to work fine with the tint :cheers:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey Morzoff, what % tint did you use?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GSMZ06 said:
Hey Morzoff, what % tint did you use?
Same Question. Greg :coo:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have mine tinted 35% all the way around and have no noticeable degradation in the performance of my V1. Pretty much works the same as it did before tinting.

I am guessing Morzoff is running 20 - 35%... in full sunlight it's hard to tell at times...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't install the detector behind the "tint-band" on the top of the front windshield because it could hinder detection. Based on that, I'd guess that the V1's rear detection would have some degradation in performance if the rear window is tinted (more or less...depending on the type of tint your using).

Check out V1's Tech report for more info:

V1 Tint report

:z:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gr8fulDave said:
I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't install the detector behind the "tint-band" on the top of the front windshield because it could hinder detection. Based on that, I'd guess that the V1's rear detection would have some degradation in performance if the rear window is tinted (more or less...depending on the type of tint your using).

Check out V1's Tech report for more info:

V1 Tint report

:z:
Thanks for the link very interesting reading. Greg :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts