Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am the new owner of a Z06 that I am loving. It is an 03 with 9,000 miles and still under factory warranty. I have put about 500 miles on it and just recently got the guts to take her a bit above what most of the speed limit signs say. I have noticed at above 90 or so the windows leak wind like crazy. Also when I go through the touchless carwash which is pretty high pressure there is water that drips in though the drivers side window. I have no idea of what normal is in a Z and am willing to put up with it, however I didn’t expect to notice these things. I am curios of what normal is, like I said the problems aren’t that bad just unexpected. The car is under warrantee so if they are unusual I want to get them fixed before it’s to late. Could some other Z06 owners please let me know how their cars function under these circumstances?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I`ve been to 130 & didn`t notice any wind leak, My pass window leaks just a tad when I`m washing it but not enough to worry about. Its been in the rain a couple times & didn`t leak then. :z:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Welcome to the world of Z06 and welcome to the forum.

There's no reason why you should have wind noises or water leakage. Get the windows adjusted properly and you should have a water/air tight car. Mine is, so I know it's possible...you just need to get a knowledgeable person at the dealership (oops...is that an oxymoron?) to do it right.

Best of luck.

Charlie

·
Registered
49 Posts
In my experience the door seals, and in particular the drivers side moulding, is sub par. Mine is cracked, and I'm basically waiting to find a dealer I trust to replace it under warranty. Keep in mind that as I understand it, replacing the seals is covered under the factory warranty only, not the extended warranty. :thumb:

·
Registered
196 Posts
C5's leak like a #^&*. I have water leaking around my pass. window molding... still trying to work up the courage to try & fix it. Don't want to take it to the dealer because I would have more & diff. problems then. Been there done that. These cars are fantastic in EVERY way except design quality (workmanship). I truly love my car but am baffled by the fact that GM can build a car in this day that leaks like it does when they've been building cars for how long? If you take your car to a dealer be sure it's a good one. Good luck & welcome to the best corvette site on the net.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yup got wind noise here also at higher speeds. Been in several times and its a no fix thing I guess.

·
Registered
891 Posts
There are 3 rubber plugs on underside of each door. Pull them out. Us a Torx socket and 1/4" drive ratchet to turn the screws just above the holes. You can set the tip in/out at the top of the glass and height front to back. Just turn them until you get it where you want it.

I adjusted mine because the drivers door had to be slammed to make it latch. Now just a gentle push and it latches nicely. No rain comes in and windows up at 145 at Road America last fall was reasonably quiet in the car... except for exhaust noise. Need more quiet? Come on it's a Corvette.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
briann510 said:
Yup got wind noise here also at higher speeds. Been in several times and its a no fix thing I guess.
It's a "no fix thing" because the dopes at the dealer could care less. FWIW, If the dealer can't fix it, I'd get it looked at by a glass place. As I said, mine doesn't leak air or water so I know it's something that can be fixed. The problem is finding someone capable/conscientious enough to do the job right.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Mine is leak free at 120 and yours should be too...and Dude you should not take it though a drive through car wash :NoNo: ...unless it's touchless :cheers: Welcome to the forum..the best place on the web

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I won't comment on how fast I've had mine. And I admit to using a high pressure car wash. But my Z does not leak air or water. If it really bothers you take it to the dealer and see if they can adjust it. But if you can live with it, that one of those things that the service dept. may just make worse.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Ditto, maineyak. No wind noise and no leaks. Have it fixed!

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your car. There are three adjustments you can make on your window.

- Height adjustment (Major)
- Height adjustment (Minor, adjustment is off less than 3mm (0.12in))
- Window tip-in adjustment

If you want to try and tackle this job yourself PM me and I'll send you the directions.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The techs at my dealer drive Z06's (6 of them anyway) so they take a little better care of them than avg joes. When I went in a fews week ago after buying the car I drove up and to my surprise 3 service writers came right up to me when 2 other people were waiting by their non Vette cars. The writer said if I do an oil change their shuttle driver would take me over for a free breakfast at Dennys while I waited. Interesting I got walked right up to and the other people did not.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I normally have my windows open, so I don't notice any leaks.

I'm not sure if its good or bad or if it even matters, but I windows open the other day at 170.

·
Registered
996 Posts
briann510 said:
The techs at my dealer drive Z06's (6 of them anyway) so they take a little better care of them than avg joes. When I went in a fews week ago after buying the car I drove up and to my surprise 3 service writers came right up to me when 2 other people were waiting by their non Vette cars. The writer said if I do an oil change their shuttle driver would take me over for a free breakfast at Dennys while I waited. Interesting I got walked right up to and the other people did not.
Dude, you gotta tell me which dealer you go to, 'cause they sure won't do that for me at mine!!! (Central Chevrolet in Fremont).

But for what it's worth, they've been *ok* to me so far.

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mine leaks air too. It's noticeable above 60. I thought I remember a service bulletin about this that someone had mentioned in a post about 9 months ago. I never took mine in because I don't want dealers touching my car. I'll dig around for the post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I appreciate all of the excellent information, it really gives me a perspective regarding this issue. where can i find out more about service bulletins? Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Z06SumDay said:
I appreciate all of the excellent information, it really gives me a perspective regarding this issue. where can i find out more about service bulletins? Thanks again.
I checked the service bulletins for your car and there wasn't anything for window fit or adjustment.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Agree windows and ajustment. I don,t think at any high speed in these cars will not let some water past the seals. Philly

1 - 20 of 25 Posts