Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I cut away the excess stripping, bought some windshield primer paint to touch up any scratches that I may of made with the blade. The molding was nice and soft from sitting the house. I set up the horses and opened the box for the new factory windshield. Cleaned the windshield with GM glass cleaner. Put the molding on. Vacuumed the area for any dirt or dust. Covered the new dash. Covered the fenders. Had three tubes of the GM weather strip sealant, and I put a nice high beam all around the roof, windshield posts and the cowel. Took a three inch strip sealant about a quarter inch thick, placed it near the serial number on the windshield, so when windshield goes into place, the sealant won't ooze out and block the serial numbers. Picked the windshield up carried it over to my friend on the other side, wearing plastic latex gloves, and started from the top end of molding corner, laid windshield corner to corner top end flat, then slowly dropped windshield down into bottom cowel without removing the factory window stops or swinging the fenders out like GM recommends. Put two pieces of tape on each end of the windshield on top, taped to the roof to hold the windshield from moving down. Put the heat up in the garage to 70 degrees, put the windshield cowel cover back in place, left the windshield wipers off until it dries for 24 hours. All that's left now is the weather stripping for the doors, channel and finishing molding.

Molding fits better now than the factory one fitted. Went in real nice and looks great. In fact, the whole car really looks and sounds great now. :yeadog:

PS. I am giving myself a raise.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts