Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, going along with my idea that no question is too stupid, although you may be called stupid for asking it......

I am about to order the Nitto 555 II's to put on a stock set of Z06 wheels. I will run a couple of late year DE's at Watkin's Glen and Mid-Ohio, then put my chrome's with Kumho Ecsta MX's back on for the street.

i was going to store the Nitto's/wheels in an attic above my garage where the temps will get very, very low this winter.

I know it's no problem if you have tires mounted on a car in cold weather. I just want to ensure that if you store them off the car over the winter, that there are no special precautions(should I lower the tire pressures for some reason, for example?)

Let the Homer Simpson comparisons begin :eyes:

thanks!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Jeff,
You have posed a very good question. Wish I had an answer.

Seriously, there are a few things to do for tire storage.

Wash tires and dry completely.
Store in a cool, dry place. Not sure about a cold attic.
Keep away from electric motors.
Store in dark plastic bags.

I probably missed something but that is how I have done it.

OT: Are you doing the DE at Mid-Ohio October 1-2?

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
thought i would ignite this post again, Does anyone have any advice or ways they have stored their corvette with R tires during winter months, Is it best to put the car on stands for the winter and keep the tires inside? Is there an easier way? Im a bit hesitant to put the car on stands. Would this mess with the suspension? Please help, first time buying R tires. (Toyo R888Rs)

Any ideas or ways people can advise to do this, would be great!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts