Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
It's time to start getting our 4th annual Winterfest planned and organized and we need some input from any of you that are planning to attend.
In order to provide a roadcourse option for those that would like to get out on track for a fun day at Firebird raceway with the good folks at Pro Auto Sports and a day of drag racing at Speedworld dragstrip we have a couple of options as far as dates are concerned.
Option 1 is February 11, 12, & 13 and option 2 is March 25, 26, and 27th, 2010. I'm thinking that we would have a dyno day at AZ Dyno Chip on thursday morning and the option of a road tour to Payson or Wickenburg
in the afternoon. Friday would be the day for the road course at Firebird and Saturday drag racing at Speedworld.
Any of you that are thinking of attending need to let me know what weekend would work best for you. Once I get enough responses we'll start looking for hotel discounts and I'll make the arrangements with Pro Auto Sports for a discounted rate with them also.
Post up in this thread with your preference of dates and what events you want to participate in. Of course there will be lot's of partying after our hard days of playing with our cars. :lol:
This is a fun time with a great group of our Corvette brothers and sisters.
Everyone is welcome and I'm going to post this in a couple of local AZ forums so all of our local friends in Phoenix can join us! Let's get this moving along and have the best Winterfest ever! :yeadog:

Jimbo

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Last year was a great time and as you know, the more the merrier.

There were some members who drove all the way in from Northern CA last year and a few others flew in. Please show support to an event specifically intended for you. ps.....Don't forget your traction control switch and a spare output shaft.

:z:

·
9,755 Posts
Either one works for me. I missed the WinterFest the last couple of years and am looking forward to going this time around. :D

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I'm here for either one Jim!!
With option one, I don't believe the NHRA will be at the track so we could do everything at Firebird!! Friday nite drags and Sat roadracing!! That is unless you like driving 50 miles to Speedworld?
I would have to look at the March schedule....
We also could use Loudpedal Motorsports in Tempe for the dyno runs!! They should have the new shop up and running by Feb. It is owned and run by two members and Z06 owners!!
Lots of options if you guys are gonna do this again!!

Ken

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
March! I can possibly make it in March, but could never make it Feb. :yeadog:
Let's see what happens when we get more responses BIlly. Actually I can't believe more members haven't responded yet,,,,,,I guess I need to post this elsewhere and see what happens. It would be great if you could make it.

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm here for either one Jim!!
With option one, I don't believe the NHRA will be at the track so we could do everything at Firebird!! Friday nite drags and Sat roadracing!! That is unless you like driving 50 miles to Speedworld?
I would have to look at the March schedule....
We also could use Loudpedal Motorsports in Tempe for the dyno runs!! They should have the new shop up and running by Feb. It is owned and run by two members and Z06 owners!!
Lots of options if you guys are gonna do this again!!

Ken
Hey Bud,
We are open to all options, and Firebird would be great for Drag racing, I've been checking their schedule and haven't seen anything yet as far as late March for a T&T. Believe me, it would be awesome if we could keep everything in and around Chandler. As far as LPM goes, a big YES on that one! If you and Steve could be our "point men" for this that would be great too!

Jimbo

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
As of right now, deployment has been cancelled. Depending on schedule, I might be able to fly back and pick up the ride. Drive up for WInterfest and afterwards, keep heading North for Washington. Theres a slight chance. But wow, I am gonna cringe at th ethought of needing a storage unit to house my ride. I can't afford my current mortgage and a nice place with a garage in Washington at the same time.....

I will do my best to be there!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wish I could make it but neither of those dates would work for me. If the March option was one week later, April 1-4 I could do it, but I'm away during both of those options.

If we came, we wouldn't have the White Vette with us either ???

Darren

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darrin,
The reason we chose these 2 specific weekends is we can get in on some track time with Pro Auto Sports. :yeadog: Sure wish you and Nancy could make it!

Jimbo

·
9,755 Posts
Based on Ken's post, it sounds like the Feb dates are best.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I like the Winterfest, Great Time:coo:

What about the new track that they have down there?

I'm pretty much open for either dates right now, subject to change though:moon:

Peelin' Out
Ted

·
Registered
164 Posts
Darrin,
The reason we chose these 2 specific weekends is we can get in on some track time with Pro Auto Sports. :yeadog: Sure wish you and Nancy could make it!

Jimbo
I understand, I'm sure it will be a good time. Have fun and We'll look forward to seeing you later in the year.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:bump: C'mon people, this is going to be a FUN time!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts