Corvette Z06 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
March dates are good. My dad and I would like to attend but there is no way we are going to be able to drive that 2100 miles or whatever it is from SC, so we will probably fly out there and rent a car and come along for the fun.

Dan
There are a few of us that do fly in.......and our western bruthas and sistas still let us hang out with them!!! It's an awesome winter break away and the company is real good!!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
There are a few of us that do fly in.......and our western bruthas and sistas still let us hang out with them!!! It's an awesome winter break away and the company is real good!!
That's what I figured. It sounds like a great way to get away from school and work for a while and just relax and have a good time. We are looking forward to it.:yeadog:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
I'm a little bummed out right now with the response to this thread.

I would have thought that this event would be something that the folks out West would look forward to. Not many people from this side of the country have an opportunity to go to the real Fest in Bowling Green (that's why we started Winterfest).

I'm sure that we will have some local Phoenix participation, but it would be nice to meet some of the Z06vette.com members from this side of the country.

Check out last years pics from Winterfest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9m1Eu6bwSk

If you are on the fence about attending JUST DO IT. You won't be sorry.

Tom

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Settling in my new home in the rainy state, I still find myself coming back to this thread.... They say you never know how good you hav eit until it's gone...and being up here now, I sure do miss AZ! As it stands right now, all possibilities of a deployment are cancelled. BUt anything can change in the next two months. If I can, I will try and make it out for the WinterFest!

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Glenn, glad to hear you are ok and keeping dry (I hope). I haven't seen you on the site in a while and wondered how things were going. Would love to have you here at Winterfest but understand that duty comes first. Thanks for your service buddy.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
If you are on the fence about attending JUST DO IT. You won't be sorry.
Tom
Now I am on the fence. :eek2: I recently received an email from the company I ordered trophy's from for last years Winterfest and I am wondering if I should bother doing that again this year with the lack of participation. :-?:-?

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
OK, here is what I have found out so far!

Pro AutoSports has a race on the East track Mar 26,27,28....
Firebird has NO racing planned that weekend and hasn't gotten back to me yet!
Speedworld HAS racing on Sat and welcomes us just like always...

We can do Pro AutoSports on the east track on Fri for $135..minimum 4 20 min stints!!
SpeedWorld drags, all day for $25 racer, $15 spectator...9AM till they close...
We get our own staging lane etc!!

I guess it's time to say ,Yes or NO!!

I need to let these people know numbers soon!!!!!!!

Ken

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
yes

Ken, any idea what the hotel availability is? It would be nice to stay at the Grace Inn. Their shuttle was a good idea for dinner and drinking!!!

·
2,865 Posts
How about this......

Double, double for $79, with breakfast ......
Just got off the phone and she was wonderful to talk with!!

I thru a 20 number at her and unlike last year they can handle that!!

Ken

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
How about this......

Double, double for $79, with breakfast ......
Just got off the phone and she was wonderful to talk with!!

I thru a 20 number at her and unlike last year they can handle that!!

Ken
RTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yeadog:
Line it up and they will come! :D:cheers:
Which hotel? The Grace Inn or the LaQuinta?

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
RTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yeadog:
Line it up and they will come! :D:cheers:
Which hotel? The Grace Inn or the LaQuinta?
I believe it's the Grace Inn.

"I thru a 20 number at her and unlike last year they can handle that!!"

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Thanks for the update Ken......keeping up with your duties just as always!!....

Still watching and checking things out but I am fairly sure I can get it sorted out to make the flight............fingers still crossed.

·
2,865 Posts
OK, I still haven't talked to the 'Race Director' at Firebird.
They do have a Test and Tune night set up for Fri Mar 26th....
That would put drag racing on Fri nite, road racing all day Sat!!
All at the same venue!!
The receptionist couldn't tell me we could get designated staging lane and such unlike Speedworld so I went higher. Of course I will have to wait for him to get back to me.........
I've been to Fri test and tune at Firebird and 15 sec ricers with a fart can dominate!!
$20 to race and $10 to spectate is good though.

I'll keep you informed
Ken

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Thanks for the update Ken. It definitely is better having all events at Firebird. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
That's good news Ken! It sure will be easier to go to Firebird to drag race, 5 minute drive vs. 1+ hour is a no-brainer. How strict are they there about cages during T&T nights? I was politely asked to slow down last month at Speedworld after ripping off a 10.7 run, but after we put the drag pack on Steve's car and he made a few passes, they kicked him off. No big deal either way, I can just get on the brakes the 1st few runs, then let her rip for the last run of the night. Do they prep the track there at all for T&T or is it like Speedworld where I don't think they know what VHT is? :lol:

Jimbo

·
2,865 Posts
Jim,
I haven't been to Firebird in at least two years, racing....
I don't have a problem about times with my car...
I realize we may have troubles, but I don't believe it would be better on the other side of town!! If this jag ever calls me I will ask!
I really don't know what to do at this point.... we shall see if we can even get this event to come about!!

Ken

·
2,865 Posts
Just got off the phone with Derick at Firebird...
They WILL give us a staging lane on Friday night!!!!
I said we would be between 10-20 cars, with the local clubs added, and he was very cooperative!
As far as he knew, they didn't do VHT for prep on a T&T night since street tires suck that stuff right off the track! So Jim may be good for a couple runs :lol:

Looks like we can set up an East side thing for once.
It does leave Thurs open for a tour of the area. I'll have to see if Steve [UVETTYA] can set one up since he loves doing that kind of stuff!!

Starting to come together...
Now all we need is for people to show up!!
Ken

41 - 60 of 83 Posts