Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best 1/4 et of the day was a 12.63 and best mph was 113.4mph
It was very hard today to keep the car from spinning even off idle..

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
12.63 isn't bad at all!

I went to the track for the first time in my 01 Z06. I hit the rev limiter on the 1st and 2nd, :-? and after shifting into 2nd and then 3rd, the rear hopped pretty badly :mad: turned a [email protected] with a 2.10 60'. I didn't run again as it was so packed, it would have been another 1-1/2 hours before I got another run in :-? :mad: so I left. I'm satisfied with the mph, but I have to get my launches down for the et :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Norm, it was GREAT to meet a fellow Z06 Vette.com member. You had an awesome couple of runs!!:yeadog: :cheers: We will meet at capital again!! :D :D

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Re: 12.63 isn't bad at all!

MSiska said:
I went to the track for the first time in my 01 Z06. I hit the rev limiter on the 1st and 2nd, :-? and after shifting into 2nd and then 3rd, the rear hopped pretty badly :mad: turned a [email protected] with a 2.10 60'. I didn't run again as it was so packed, it would have been another 1-1/2 hours before I got another run in :-? :mad: so I left. I'm satisfied with the mph, but I have to get my launches down for the et :yeadog: :yeadog:
MSiska,
It's very easy to hit the rev limiter in these cars! They rev so quickly and are so fast to begin with that if you are watching the track and not the tach, you can hit 6.5 grand before you look back down!! :D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi Mike and Norm,

Looks good Mike... You'll be down in the 12's real soon.

Steve and I are going up to CC this Sat 12/8 you guys want to join us.. I think we might have 4 or 5 going not sure. I'm ready to hit 12.0 or better... HOPE

Ernie

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sounds good, I'm interested. Just let me know what time. I had a lil problem with the clutch pedal sticking while racing Sunday. I changed the clutch fluid today, hopefully that will cure it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
12.63 is a good run and I would be satisfied with that for my first time at the track in a new vehicle. A guy at my local track with an '02 Z couldn't get an e.t. better than a [email protected] he ran at least 5 times. This guy obviously hadn't had the car at WOT until that night at the track and he could not shift at all. I won't say anymore until I get my car to the track to see what I can get it to run.....:) my e.t. could be worse.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Didn't know if you guys caught this post on another thread.

ET performance numbers are confusing until the data is normalized to standard day conditions (60F, 0% RH, & 29.92 baro) using the SAE correction factor (CF). That analysis shows how much weather conditions can affect times/mph. I have seen times on a couple cars that went 11.9s but most seem to be in the low 12s.

One very good run 11.985 @ 115.26
corrected to 12.04 @ 114.9 (CF .981)
with ET HP = 368, MPH HP = 384
hook factor = 1382 (Best I have seen.)

Another not as good run 12.145 @ 115.85
corrected to 11.92 @ 117.3 (CF 1.059)
with ET HP = 379, MPH HP = 409 (Best I have seen.)
hook factor = 1398

I was able to duplicate these runs in the model (Quarter Jr) using a launch rpm of 3000~3100. Still, the model shows high sensitivity to launch rpm (the higher the better to about 5000) and, as you guys know, clutch finesse.

Conslusion: There are better numbers to be laid down by working on clutch technique.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Cecil County Dragway Dec 8th

A C5 group from MD/DC/VA are heading up to Cecil County Dragway this Saturday, Dec 8th. Gate opens at 0800. Racing starts at 0900 and ends around 400pm. It's test and tune. Cost is $35. I ran there last Saturday and got in eight runs.

They know how to prep the track at Cecil. Hoping for favorable weather.

Group should include MSiska's 01 Z06 and an 02 coming down from NJ.

All you guys are most welcome to join us.

Here is a link to directions to Cecil:

http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/directions.htm

Ranger

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks for the info but that's too far for me. With the weather predicted for this weekend you should be able to put down some good numbers.

I know a guy that tests his ProMod on that track. So, it must be good.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Roger Ramjet said:
...you should be able to put down some good numbers.
I had a 12.16 @ 116 at a DA 0f 1550 last Saturday. So I'd love to get a few runs with a very low DA ...just to test your model. Will advise re results.

Sorry you'll miss the day.

Ranger

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ranger,

I talked with Steve the other night, I had to have one my tires fixed, so with that done, I'll see you guys at the track.

Anybody going to meet at the Maryland House then go up??? I think around 7:30 or so it's not to far from there... Let me know...

Ernie

Roger, you can do it :) come on..

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ernie King said:
Ranger, ...Anybody going to meet at the Maryland House then go up???....
Ernie, Looking forward to seeing you and watching your car run.

I need to go straight to the track, as I expect to be running a little late. Steve may be stopping at MD House.

Weather in the morning expected to be favorable!!!

See ya there,

Ranger

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Ranger,

My clutch pedal started to stick last Sunday at the track. Once I went thru the traps, I had to pull it back up withmy foot. IT only does it under hard acceleration. I changedthe fluid in the Clutch Slave Resivor several times tilit became clear, but it still sticks. So I need to have the system completly bleed. Can you tell me a place to go have that done? I wanna get it done so I can race at CC this weekend.

Norman
[email protected]
240-882-0375

·
Registered
837 Posts
normjack said:
Hey Ranger,

My clutch pedal started to stick...need to have the system completly bleed. Can you tell me a place to go have that done?.....
Norman,

As we discussed by phone, the place to go is Tony's Corvette Shop in Gaitherburg. He did mine and Steve Row's. Charge was $117 including one liter of ATE Super Blue Racing fluid that has a much high dry and wet boiling point than stock. Suggest having them bleed the entire literr through the system to ensure a good flush. Might wan to pick up an additional liter also for future incremental flushes via the reservoir in the engine bay.

Here is a link to to Tony's site:

http://www.tonyscorvetteshop.com/

7500 Rickenbacker Drive  ·  Gaithersburg, Maryland  20879  ·  (301)987-0565

Ranger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts