Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like I will be going to Carlisle and the Z06 Fest alone this year. My wife has no desire to go to either event. Last year I went with a buddy of mine to Carlisle, but this year his wife is telling him, NO! I asked another friend and his wife told him no too! What's with this? I can understand our wives not wanting to go, because they have zero interest in car shows, but do they have to deprive their husbands of a little happiness, by telling them NO! My wife doesn't want me to go either, but she knows better to tell me no, because she knows that I will go anyway. Maybe the wives think I'm a bad influence on their husbands, after all, I did help both of these guys buy a Corvette last year, and one of them wants to sell his '98 Coupe for a newer one. Again, his wife says, "NO!" :(

carzzy:D

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I guess I am lucky, my does not want to go, but has no problems with me going. Will probably ask my neighbor if he wants to go to BG for the Z06 Fest, and I know she will say GO, we'll see.

Mark

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Damn I guess you know who wears the pants in those relationships:D :D Seriously that sux. I can see them not wanting to go, but not letting you go is just not right!!!:cheers:

G

·
LMAO...you sort of egged them on to get corvettes..lmao..and you wnat to know why the wifes are saying..don't go to carlisle..

you did those guys a favor..

My wife would never go but she tells to enjoy myself.....

Thanks for the laughs!

At least they got the vettes! So your work is done! ;)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I'm Lucky

If I tell my wife I want to go to a car show or cruise that means she can stay home and do what she wants to do and we're both happy.:cool:

If I ask my wife if she wants to go for a ride in the Vette or on the Harley she's the first one out the door.:D

If I get into a race when she's with me she gets real mad.:flaming:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JBsC5 said:
And you bought like three in one year..lmao...RTFLMAO!

Good for you!~!!!!!
JB,
And you can only imagine, my wife's reaction to those purchases last year............IT WAS NOT PRETTY:eek:

carzzy:lol:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Tell the wives....

... that you will all gladly give up your Corvette hobby for them..
...but you will all have to replace it with another hobby...
...like, going to the local bar and looking at young chicks!

They will encourage you to go to Carlile

·
Registered
332 Posts
I can understand them not wanting to go to Carlisle, but in Bowling Green there are lots of things to see and do besides looking at cars. The first time my husband wanted to go to Bowling Green and I didn't, we worked out a compromise. I told him I would go and do the factory tour and the museum if he would take me to the horse country in Lexington and Mammoth Caves just 40 miles from Bowling Green. Guess what??? I enjoyed what he wanted to do and he enjoyed what I picked! Plus we did some extra things we came across. It was really fun for both of us. ;)

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Why?

Couldn't all our wives be like Blue Lady? :-? :cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Time for a new wife:lol:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Fun together in BG!

Blue Lady said:
I can understand them not wanting to go to Carlisle, but in Bowling Green there are lots of things to see and do besides looking at cars. The first time my husband wanted to go to Bowling Green and I didn't, we worked out a compromise. I told him I would go and do the factory tour and the museum if he would take me to the horse country in Lexington and Mammoth Caves just 40 miles from Bowling Green. Guess what??? I enjoyed what he wanted to do and he enjoyed what I picked! Plus we did some extra things we came across. It was really fun for both of us. ;)
Blue Lady: Nice compromise. My wife loves going to BG, because it gives her an escape from the everday rat race, she loves stopping at antique shops, and always loves Dillard's at Greenwood Mall. I drop her off in the morning, goto the NCM, pick her up at a designated time, and then we both enjoy dinner out in BG....win-win all the way around. What's the problem?

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
My wife is the opposite. She tells me I don't attend enough car events. Man, I love her. She usually goes with me unless it is a swap meet. She doesn't care for them much.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Since Sherylann owns and controls all the Pu$$y in this house, I gladly do 99.9% of whatever she asks me to do. :D

However, she doesn't care for car shows, but always tells me to have a good time. :cool: Sherylann prefers going to SAKS or Nieman Markus (sp). She is even allowing me to go to Australia in March for 10 days with my Lil Bro FUBU!!

Is she a cool wife or what?? :)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
fcalmes said:

She is even allowing me to go to Australia in March for 10 days with my Lil Bro FUBU!!
We know there had to be a trade off Frank, give.:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
0 Posts
FRC Tom said:

We know there had to be a trade off Frank, give.:lol: :lol:
Ohhhh, it's going to cost me!! :cry: As you know Tom, everytime I get a new mod, she takes it and then I have to get another one. :(

Remember??

1. Remember the door sill emblems??

2. Remember the steering wheel emblems??

3. Remember the chromed parts??

4. Remember the Lloyds mats??

5. Remember the partition??

I'm afraid of what will happen when I get long tube headers, not to mention the new screens. :roll:

·
Registered
173 Posts
My wife tells me that I should pack up and go to more events than I do. That's one thing I don't have a problem with if she want's to go fine. If I go by myself or with friends don't matter when or where or how long. That's a cool relationship. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Like fcalmes said. I too don't know why wives have to get so upset all the time...I mean they already own half the money and ALL the pu$$y!

Chuck

1 - 20 of 26 Posts