Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
20,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to be able to open the media clips of the owners video. They all have a wmv extension which my computer says is damaged or corrupt. How can I open these?

Mike

·
Registered
670 Posts
WMV is from the Microsoft Media player. Try downloading and installing/upgrading to the latest version from this link:

Microsoft Media Download Center

Depending on what OS you have (Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP) will decide what player you download. Everything is listed on this site. Good luck! :cheers:

·
20,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I have windows ME and I downloaded the correct media player, but when I click on the owners video, it still comes up as a wmv file which is gibberish to my computer.:-?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
The owners video is wmv.

Mike, try this.

Download the clip (choose a small one) to your hard drive (right click, Save Target As...)

Then double click.

If that does not work, then Media Player is not associated with wmv's like it should be.

To correct, do this:

hold down Shift and right click on the movie.

Open With...

Choose Windows Media Player..... Check "Always use this program" or similar.......

Should be fixed.

JC

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
On this particular Win NT 4.0 machine, that does not work. Still loads as binary in Netscape. Locks the entire machine in Internet Explorer. I just learned to live with the fact that it is a part of life.

.mpg's are fine, but not .wmv's

I have Windows media player, but it will not play .wmv's. I know, move up to a real operating system, and I will soon.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Netscape has its own handlers. You might have to change it in NS.

If you have a fast connection, just download them and play them locally using File..... Open...... from WMP.......

But yea, you're using a 10 year old OS pro ;)

JC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts