Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you will be attending the Woodward Cruise in Michigan (Detroit Area) this coming weekend? Should be a good time. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I was born in Detroit. Going to miss it this year. I'm already planning it for next year. Have a Great time. :z: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can't avoid it--I live 8 houses off Woodward. And it's already unofficially started. It's more like a cruise week around here. Saw a couple of clubs meeting yesterday at some local hangouts. One was an old street rod group. Must have been 75-100 cars, in all shapes and sizes. Saw even more than that just cruising Woodward all day long. Running errands around here is like going to a car show every mile or so. It is one great week of car events. Maybe this year there won't be a blackout.
Phil

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Spent the blackout, last year, in Auburn Hills...no gas, no food, NO FUN!
Gonna miss it this year, first time since '98...sniff...
If you can, go Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri, if you actually wanna cruise, as Saturday is GRIDLOCK.
30 thousand cars +, and over a million people Saturday, makes for a lot of fun, unless you're cruising...
Be sure to look for the Christmas Tree, set up next to the South curb lane, in Bloomfield Hills...awesome...

·
Registered
551 Posts
There's a bunch of Corvette folks planning on getting together at the parking lot of the Irish pub Four Green Fields on the SW corner or Woodward and 13 tomorrow night (Wednesday) for a pre-cruise gathering. So far, looks to be about a dozen-plus.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tack,
Drove by there last night. Great crowd even as early as 6:00. But, on the way back from the movies, that lot was closed off by the police, due to the overcrowding, at about 9:30. So, might wanna get there early.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will be there at Square lake and woodward with the z, a prowler,a new viper, and who knows what else on sat. early and most of the day.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
TackDaBoat said:
There's a bunch of Corvette folks planning on getting together at the parking lot of the Irish pub Four Green Fields on the SW corner or Woodward and 13 tomorrow night (Wednesday) for a pre-cruise gathering. So far, looks to be about a dozen-plus.
I got there about 5:15pm, and had dinner in the pub with anout 8 other Vet friends. Parking was impossible.

I'll be with "America's Corvette Club" in the parking lot of Border's Book Store in Birmingham. We are directly across the street from Chevrolet's exhibit, so come over and say Hi Zip!

Zippy :usa: :usa:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts