Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To much track prep :eek:

We where in Vegas yesterday and went to the track.. It blowing appox 40 mpg with gusts up to 60 I'm guessing and add to it was sprinkling on and off :crazy:

We get to the track and they was making the decision to open the track or not. Finally they open it. I'm about to pull in the staging lanes and it starts to sprinkel again.. I go find Pat who is tech'n Big Blue and tell him I want him to make the first pass and clean off tires really well. So I grab the camera and head to the stands to tape the pass. I sitting there watching them make pass after pass lying down VHT on the whole track plus another guy spraying the line with the garden sprayer. There was so much VHT being sprayed I could smell it in the stands. I go and tell Pat he is going to have launch hard or the car is going to bogg. So as I'm taping passes I can see all the cars bogging off the line. Pat gets to line launches and boggs hard. He runs a 11.89 @ 116. I meet him back in the pits and he says 5k wasn't enough :eek:o:

He jumps in Big Blue and I jump in the Meanie... We get back in the lanes. One of the Vettes breaks in the burn out box :cen: :cry: So they are just running one lane. There ends up being one car between Pat and me. Pat launches Big Blue, I feel like I'm watching McToad's Wild ride at Disney Land as he is bouncing 3 inches up in the air side to side I think the truck is going to break for sure.. I pull up and stage I launch at 6k and also bogg. Run a 11.76 @ 115.48. Pull back around and launch at 6200k still bogg and run 11.72 @ 114.86.

While we are waiting for the other classes to run their passes before the Vettes ran again, it started to sprinkle again. Not wanting to press my luck, since I didn't to launch any harder, I told Pat to load up the Meanie and lets go have a nice dinner and some cocktails

PS-Good thing Pat was lucky at the slots because I kept loosing his winnings

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Man, that's crazy. Those are still times to be proud of for sure. You two are the coolest. :z:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts