Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a used or new World Challenge Wing. The smaller version would be ok. I know that they just went to a larger version this year. Does any one have one for sale?

·
Registered
971 Posts
SuperZ said:
I am looking for a used or new World Challenge Wing. The smaller version would be ok. I know that they just went to a larger version this year. Does any one have one for sale?
You still working on that mean thing.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Talk to ACP in harrishurg Pa. They are a supporting vender.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you are going to go with a wing in the back you might want to look into a spliter in the front as well. With the wing in the rear the weight at the rear at high speeds is going to upset the balance. More than just a thought!
Tony #54

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
ACP was the place for us. There is more than one version available, so contact Kerry Hitt, and tell 'im you saw it here...

·
Registered
155 Posts
ELF Z06 said:
If you are going to go with a wing in the back you might want to look into a spliter in the front as well. With the wing in the rear the weight at the rear at high speeds is going to upset the balance. More than just a thought!
Tony #54
A vented hood would really complement the splitter.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
SuperZ said:
ACP is who you should contact. Ask for Kerry Hitt.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have what I think is a world challenge carbon fibre wing. it is 53 inches long with a 10 inch cord, and a 1/2 ingh wickerbill. Aluminum endplates.Mount legs are 41 inches. If this meets WC spec, mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just found this on SCCA world challenge GCR;s:

GT rear wing: Rear wings for GT cars are approved on a car-by-car basis. (Touring cars get a 48x8.5 ihcn wing) The GT car
rear wing must be mounted level to, or below, the peak of the roof, measured between
the highest points of the roof and wing, including the wicker if applicable. The
trailing edge of the rear wing may be mounted no further rearward than the rearmost
part of the approved bodywork. The wing must be rigidly mounted to a sprung part
of the chassis.

So, the wing may not be approved. It looks like it works when I mock it up on the car, but your mileage may vary.
[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts