Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm having some engine mods done up at ECS in the next couple of months. Part of it will be the install of AFR 225s and a new cam. I was wondering whether it's worth keeping the stock heads and cam to sell on. If so, what do they go for approx (11000 miles, light use)?

Chris H.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
If its your 590 something RWhP z06, I dont think you need it for anything, I say sell it!

BTW, are you the famous Z06 owner around here in crofton I hear about with those Hp numbers?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Chris,

I say sell the heads. I got a $1000 for my heads (they had 13000 mile)...of course, they did have 921 springs in them (from my cam only install a few months back), so they were very attractive. I was able to sell them locally...no shipping. Just met the guy at his job, handed him the heads and he handed me the cash. :thumb:

The cam isn't really worth much, IMO. I donated mine to ECS, as they used it in a clients car (he's a friend of mine :yeadog: ) that was getting S/C'd.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Don. I'll do the same, forget about the cam and just sell the heads. Appreciate the response :)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Chris Holmes said:
Nope, I live down in Gaithersburg. Not that famous ;)

Keith at Tony's corvette was telling me about a sick Procharged Z06 that made sick power, he admired it for that, maybe it was in the Gaithersburg area, I dont recall ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
You should be able to get a good buck for Z06 Casting heads, and the car is very desireable to Non Z06 guys, because it is actually a great blower cam!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What wheels are those, sharp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts