Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Z06Vette.com Members,

Before we started carrying this product designed for the C5 and the Z06, we wanted to know how many of you would actually want it.

It is a little safety feature designed to prevent your C5/Z06 from being rear ended by tailgating motorists that don't pay attention while driving behind you potentially causing you bodily injury as well as destroying your rear delicate plastic bumper. You got to watch out for the ones on their cell phones too!!!

It is an ADJUSTABLE small PLUG IN flasher type module that plugs in behind your C5/Z06's rear LED third brake light. It takes 5-15 minutes to install and may save your C5/Z06 from being heavily damaged in a rear end collision. This is a plug and play unit containing genuine Packard Plugs. It can be removed as easily it is installed in case you sell your C5/Z06. This way you can always install it on the your next C5/Z06.

This is what it does once you plug it in:

Everytime you apply your brakes, the LED third brake light flashes 3-20 times (whatever you set it to flash as it is fully adjustable). The LED third brake light flashes ONLY. Your other taillights remain on while the LED third brake light flashes when you apply the brakes. You can adjust it to flash slow or fast and you can adjust it to flash a minimum or 3 times or a maximum of 20 times. It has two control panels on the unit itself so when you are installing it, you can test it out to your personal flash preference.

This flasher keeps motorists behind your vehicle paying more attention to the rear end of your car and causes them to keep a safer distance, therefore preventing you and your C5 from being injured in a rear end collision.

Since our C5/Z06s stop much faster than most of the vehicles on the road, I am constantly worried about a big truck, SUV or RV plowing into the back of my car. This would give me the added peace of mind while driving.

Since a lot of us drive in stop and go city type driving, the LED third brake light will flash a lot since we are always on our brakes. The LED third brake light is also very bright and flashes faster than our conventional taillights. This will definitely grab the attention of whoever is behind you.

This adjustable flasher type plug in module is cheap insurance for your C5 as well. It will retail for around: $49.95-$69.95.

Please give us your feedback by posting on this thread.

If there are any questions that I can answer, just ask!!!

Thank you very much!

Shawn

311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CLICK02,

We will be carrying them and will have them in stock in about 2 weeks.

We have gotten a very positive response on them and we wanted to let you guys know about this cool new product.

Thanks!

Shawn

311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pdx_Z,

No pics as of yet, but we will put up a movie of it as soon as it is installed on our test car.

Give us 2 weeks and we will have it up on our website.

Thanks!

Shawn

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have an interest, but my mind is not made up yet.

One big question, is this fully legal???? I don't need another reason to get pulled over.

chris

311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chrisj,

So far, it is not illegal with the U.S. DOT as Ford and Lincoln have started installing them on their new SUVs for safety.

They couldn't do it if it was illegal in ANY state.

Shawn

·
Registered
132 Posts
flashing LED's

I have a similar device on my BMW motorcycle. It makes a noticable difference. Drivers tend to leave more room behind you and react faster then without this item. It's a good thing....legal or not!! :eek2:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Excellent idea, I would buy one.
Bob

311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys,

We will update you as soon as we have these in stock and ready to ship.

There has been tons of interest and demand on these since we first posted it, however we will be stocking about 100 of them so that the guys that are anxiously waiting for them can get them ASAP.

We will also be shipping them VIA FEDEX AIR SERVICE so that you won't have to wait more than a day or two after we get them in stock.

Ground shipping rates may apply...

Thanks!

Shawn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts