Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did. Along with the help of some great friends. :)

Thanks to Dope for his how to on the clutch change. :jammin:

Just to replace these 2 bearings on the aft side of the driveshaft. One is already removed in this pic.

All back together. Except for the headers.

20 trackdays at VIR, Road Atlanta, Roebling and 60k miles will do that. Two of us about 5-6 hours to get it out and remove the torque tube/drive shaft. Then 4 of us to get it back in in about 4 hours. This also has to be done to change the clutch, so next time I need one I will do it myself.

No big deal. :eek:

BTW the rubber bushings/couplers looked great, no cracks at all. Also no wear inside the torque tube from the plastic disc that is on the center of the drive shaft.

Also installed a custom made clutch bleeder line that is 4' long. You might be able to get away with 3.5', but 3' is too short IMO.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Tom, I saw the post of your adventure in the NCM parking lot. :cheers:

I figured if you could do it alone, then it should be not too bad with friends. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
It is a little intimidating at first but once you get started piece of cake. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting that slave line connector to go back together was a PITA. Ended up using a large pair of channel lock pliers. Just make sure its straight before you squeeze.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
silverz06vette said:
Getting that slave line connector to go back together was a PITA. Ended up using a large pair of channel lock pliers. Just make sure its straight before you squeeze.
Hardest part of the whole job. :lol:
I do it the same way.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Wow, you guys are impressive. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
FRC Tom-you single?

:rofl:

geez, I sure could use a guy like you to keep my vette running and looking perfect-you do EVERYTHING!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
blkZ06 said:
FRC Tom-you single?

:rofl:

geez, I sure could use a guy like you to keep my vette running and looking perfect-you do EVERYTHING!
You best behave yourself girl.
I'd curl your toes. :rofl:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks good. That's a lotta work for just replacing a few bearings! I would have had to change out the clutch and hydraulics and diff and such to make it worthwhile in my mind ;)

Tell me, do you dream of 2 post lifts too? =)

Dope

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Imagine doing that in the NCM parking lot across the street from the Factory. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
FRC Tom said:
You best behave yourself girl.
I'd curl your toes. :rofl:
And then 10 minutes later, straighten back out :jawdrop:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dope said:
Looks good. That's a lotta work for just replacing a few bearings! I would have had to change out the clutch and hydraulics and diff and such to make it worthwhile in my mind ;)

Tell me, do you dream of 2 post lifts too? =)

Dope
I had a 02 Z06 clutch put in about 20k miles ago. Next time I will do it myself for sure. Piece of cake!!

Every freakin night, don't tell momma. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts