Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Z will come in late September. it will be my 5th Corvette. I have never paid over sticker to date, but can understand if you have not been waiting in line for years like most of us, some people will pay big money over sticker to get one now. it's been going on for years with all sorts of cars. I want the car too much and know It will loose money right about the 9-10 month mark. But if some one walked up to you and offered you $10,000 more than you paid for it, what would you do? Keep in mind when the 07' Z gets close and somone could get in on one at MSRP that 10 Grand offer will be long gone....

·
Registered
156 Posts
That depends I guess on well off you are. If you are loaded, then that extra 10 grand doesnt mean much, but if you could use that 10 grand, then take the money and get one later on down the road. Just my opinion. :) Mike :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree, LOL, you know why? You will always be able to get another Vette, Z or not, but that 10 grand offer will be gone if you turn it down. Take the money, but keep it quiet from the mrs., she may have ideas on how to spend it! :rofl: Mike :p

·
Registered
203 Posts
NaplesZ06 said:
My new Z will come in late September. it will be my 5th Corvette. I have never paid over sticker to date, but can understand if you have not been waiting in line for years like most of us, some people will pay big money over sticker to get one now. it's been going on for years with all sorts of cars. I want the car too much and know It will loose money right about the 9-10 month mark. But if some one walked up to you and offered you $10,000 more than you paid for it, what would you do? Keep in mind when the 07' Z gets close and somone could get in on one at MSRP that 10 Grand offer will be long gone....
Really depends. Is is not likely to happen if that person cannot take your delivery. No one IMHO is going to offer 10K over for a pre-registered car. Plus if you have already paid taxes, then it ain't 10K. If someone gave me 10K over my cost. I probably would.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
RFC2 said:
Really depends. Is is not likely to happen if that person cannot take your delivery. No one IMHO is going to offer 10K over for a pre-registered car. Plus if you have already paid taxes, then it ain't 10K. If someone gave me 10K over my cost. I probably would.
This was a question to the forum (I have not been offered 10 grand) However.... It can be done if you lease the car no money down, you just pay tax on the first months payment.... and then anyone with a dealer licence can make the payoff without paying any tax. I know because I did it with my 01 Z06 when a guy offered me $5,000 over. I had a friend who is a used car dealer buy the car from GMAC and sell it to the next guy as a even transaction through his books. I hook my friend up with a stripper (he's happy) I get the 5 Grand ( I'm happy) and the guy who bought it finds out in 2002 that the car goes from 385HP to 405HP (he's not happy) I guess the point of all of this is that I don't need the money, I don't think that the 2007 Z will have 525HP, and I do really want to keep this car (if it treats me good) my first Z had some problems from day one, that's why I let it go back then.

·
Registered
581 Posts
blackvetterzo6 said:
Take The M0ney, And You Can Be Assured The 07 Z Will Have More Than 505 Hp. Thats When I Buy And Save Thousands On The 06
I doubt it will have more power. However it might have a CF hood and roof, roll bar mounting provisions, and a bunch of minor improvements in the car overall, most in common with all C6s.

·
Registered
34 Posts
blackvetterzo6 said:
Take The M0ney, And You Can Be Assured The 07 Z Will Have More Than 505 Hp. Thats When I Buy And Save Thousands On The 06

Who knows what will be done with the Z in 2007. With things the way they are in the world, there is no telling where we will be in 2007 or what GM or any other American manufacturer will do with their sports car market in a year or more. Hell, gas prices could be 5 bucks a gallon next year. I gave this some thought before ordering my Z.

I thought then that at worse GM and others may have to cut their sports car perduction along with a few models of their gas hungry vehicles. Time will tell! One thing for sure, this Z will stand very tall if that happends. Hopefully, all will be fine in the world!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Personally I would turn the money down and keep the Z. Now $15k or more and I couldn't afford not to take the money.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts