• Depends on what it looks like

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been developing a customizable home page, kinda like MyYahoo, where you choose the content you want displayed, has stuff like top 3 stories, latest forum threads, last 10 banner pics, maybe your local weather, little stuff like that.

Would you honestly use this?

JC

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a screenshot of the page as it looks now.

Please note that the final would have little links to add/remove the various components. IE, if you didn't want to see the recent banner pics you could take that off.

This would be an ongoing effort, and we would continually refine it.....

Most people would still wind up on the main forums or site areas, I would just see this as something you could use to get all the lastest info in one place, check it, then move on to your regular site travels. Maybe make it your "first stop" sorta thing......

I don't know, I built it for myself actually and thought you guys might like to use it.......It detects who you are (you must be registered in the forums to use it), then customizes the page for you based on your preferences....it's not 100% complete but its very useable right now, I could open it up tomorrow (er today) if you would like to try it and give feedback...... ?

Maybe we could add weather, or add a box to get stock quotes, airline tickets, I'm off on a tangent now :) But the point is, I can develop just about anything, you guys just tell me what you want :)

JC

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
fcalmes said:
An absolutely must have!! :cool: JC, you scored another winner!!

Franks says it best, count me as a must have vote!!! Let us know you on-going thoughts.... :cheers:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Z06VETTE.com is now my homepage!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Let's do it!!!! I think it would be a must have for us dedicated, hard-core, Vettesters!!!!:cheers:

As usual JC, you have come up with another way to make life easier.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I would use it also. A great way to weed out some of the stuff I don't use and my particular interests.

Keep me posted:)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
JC, I'd definitely use it if it doesn't slow down the page updating. I'm on a modem :(

The hard part will be deciding which options for you to make available.

Vince

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually Vince, the prototype is VERY fast, even on a modem, faster than a regular forum page :)

Again, this is not a replacement, think of it as a starting point in your Z06Vette.com travels......a place to find all the latest stuff....nothing more......

I expect to make it available late tonight or tomorrow......

JC

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Good-by Yahoo , Hello ZO6.com! :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Great work JC...........

This would be a great feature for all members that visit here on a regular basis.

We appreciate your thought and effort behind this.

Steve Nix
"Almost a REAL member now"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts