Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever used a car inspection service before? i have a car that i would like to buy this weekend. however, i am reluctant because it is 1500 miles away. therefore for some piece of mind i thought of hiring a car inspection service. worth it or not? please let me know asap, thanks

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I think it would be good if you could be sure that the person was indeed and expert in the kind of car your are looking at. Many members on this forum could qualify as least experts on a C5. We may have one or more members that live in the area where the car is located that would be willing to look at the car. :cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
As I understand most of these guys have paint thickness meters, a supposedly valuable tool to determine whether a body panel has been painted or not. I don't know if this would catch a car if the entire car has been painted or not. Not sure if stock paint and an aftermarket paint will have different thicknesses or not. That alone might be worth the price these guys ask for. If they also check engine compression, that would be really nice.

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
What would this service charge? If it is alot of money, I would rather jump on a plane and check it myself.

1500 miles would be a nice ride back. :jammin:

OR

You could post a request to see if someone in the area will go see it for you.

I would get the VIN Number and run a CARFAX.

Also with the vin number you can go to your local Chevy dealer and have them pull up a GM Vehicle Inquiry, which will show you all the warranty work that was done to that vehicle since its in-service date.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where's the car at? I am sure someone from this forum, or The Corvette forum could go a take a look for you. As far as body paint, If you have any clue what you are looking for, it is pretty easy to tell when a Vette has had new paint. I think there are more important things to look for though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
car is in leesburg,fl. i have been trying to get some fellow members to check her out for me, no not much luck. i am ready 2 pull the triggre on her asap hopefully this weekend. thanks

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
someone on this forum will do it for you..

i guarantee it..

these guys here are the best.!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
We have used them on several occassions, and my impression is they are very thorough, however, I would question their expertise on any particular vehicle. It's more like a generic inspection, i.e. a home inspection type service. I think a carfax, and if you are close enough to someone on the forum who is willing, and most are very knowledgeable of the Z06 quirks, that would be a benefit to pay one of these guys. I would say the guys on this forum would give you more bang for your buck, than a standard vehicle inspection service ever would.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Cory

Good to talk to you last night about the Z and glad we spoke. Hope the info i gave you on the car pointed you in a different direction. I know you can find a better quality Z for your $'s and be patient.

Jack

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gsjack said:
Cory

Good to talk to you last night about the Z and glad we spoke. Hope the info i gave you on the car pointed you in a different direction. I know you can find a better quality Z for your $'s and be patient.

Jack
same here jack, i really think that you saved me some big bucks. again i can express enough my gratitude and appreciation for all the info that you gave me. thanks again.....cory :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts