Hello this is my first post and im ready to be the proud owner of a z. Im currently trying to sell my 98 trans am for 10,000 and i also have 11,000 cash so igot a could down payment i wouldneed to finance the rest looking to spend around 31 to 34
Yellow is also my favorite. IMO the Z06 looks good in any color. Try to find a perfect one in your price range a don't limit yourself to any one color. Regardless of what color you pick you will be happy.
IMO try to find a 2002 as opposed to a 2001. There are several improvements.
differences between 2001 & 2002:
1. The LS6 engine standard in the Z06 increased from 385 to 405 horsepower. Torque increased from 385 to 400 lb-ft.
2. Front fender badges for Z06 models included the 405 HP designation.
3. LS6 exhaust back pressure was reduced by 16%
4. Cam shaft was redesigned resulting in increased lift and a 5% increase in air flow
5. Valve spring material composition was changed to increase seat load by 14%.
6. LS6 intake and exhaust valves were a new, lighter design.
7. The valve train weight was reduced by 0.81 pounds, which improved valve seating at high rpm.
8.Airflow over the LS6 MAF sensor was increased by removing grid work
9. MAF software was re-calibrated
10. LS6 air cleaner housing had a larger intake
11. Wheels looked the same BUT they were cast spun instead of forged for a weight savings of 1.3 pounds per car
12. rear shock valving was changed
13. Improved clutch
14. The only other change to the Z06 suspension is the replacement of the steel, front and rear stabilizer bar links, introduced in 2000 on Z51s and used in ’01 on Z51s and Z06es, with aluminum links. This was done to reduce weight and causes no change in performance.
15. Modified steering rack to reduce the turning radius by 2 feet
16. New front brake pads
17. HUD was standard
wow that was great i didnt know there was soo much difference in 01 to 02 i just joined and i already am addicted to this site im soo worked up i want my first z sooo bad just having ahard time selling trans am.
For the 1-2 K difference, go with an 02, with the dollars you mentioned spending. You should be able to pick a nice low mileage 02, be patient, and do your homework first. You are in a buyer's market right now and hold the cash. Drive and check a few to get a feel for the car. Some are ridden hard and put to bed wet. While others can be pampered and maintained well and still be had for a good price.
Good luck on your search and get ready for a big grin for a long time.:z: