Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is that elusive 427 Z06 that I am destined to own.

I have ben watching and waiting but to no avail.

I do have an interest in a 2000 MY Z07 427 Coupe (but it is not a Z06).

http://zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77258

There is also a unique vehicle 1999 Cavallo, 1 of 2 made with carbon fibre body and a 383. (not a Z06 or 427).

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1036557

427 is a magical number for me and I do not think I will be happy with anything else. :yeadog:

So I am asking my extended family here. :z:

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I know you asked "What would you do", but that wont make you happy. You are the one who will build the car, work on the car, drive the car, and have to look at the car every day. If you dont have what you want that will suck and you'll know it. If you want a 427 Z06 then dont settle for anything else. Do some soul searching and figure out what will make you happy. Once you have decided, dont change your mind!
Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
How about a C5r 427?

Shoot me an email.

Joe

·
Registered
971 Posts
A 427 Z06, is better than any coupe/frc. faster, lighter, more agile, worth more, and on and on.

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kens06 said:
How about buying the motor and installing it in your car!!
I'd bet there are a lot of people that would love a stock 01 motor that does 400 rwhp!!
Here's a link to an FLP C5R
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1036117

Good luck in your search IVO!!
Ken
I have been looking for another car and the cheapest 01 to date was around 26K. If I could pick one up for 22-24K then add the engine at 17K well that puts me at 39K minimum. Then by the time you upgrade everything else $$$.

Thats why it is better to let someone else take the loss on the build. I have built many cars throughout the years and have taken my share of losses. It was fun to build though.

Anyway anything I buy will not stay that way for long. ;)

Charter Member of Modaholics Anonymous :lol:

·
Registered
971 Posts
IVOZ06, you are correct. Add at least 7k for misc. parts/install to that motor. Not to mention downtime and tuning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the car you are looking for. It is a 2001 red zo6 with a MTI 427.
Call me if you are interested. Phone # 416-889-5761. Ask for Tony.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
IVOZ06 said:
Where is that elusive 427 Z06 that I am destined to own.

I have ben watching and waiting but to no avail.

I do have an interest in a 2000 MY Z07 427 Coupe (but it is not a Z06).

http://zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77258

There is also a unique vehicle 1999 Cavallo, 1 of 2 made with carbon fibre body and a 383. (not a Z06 or 427).

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1036557

427 is a magical number for me and I do not think I will be happy with anything else. :yeadog:

So I am asking my extended family here. :z:

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

If you are in the Dallas area let me know and you can go out in mine to make sure it is what you want.

Chris

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris310P said:
If you are in the Dallas area let me know and you can go out in mine to make sure it is what you want.

Chris
Thanks.

ROADTRIP!!!!! :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
IVO, like you Im interested in a 427 Z, but as I am currently vetteless, Ive decided to sit tight for a few months and see what developes with the LS7 crate motor in terms of price, availability, and compatability with the C5. In my perfect dream world, Id pick up a 2002 Electron Blue Z next winter in the neighborhood of 30 thousand and then purchase an LS7 crate motor for 8-10 (which of course will drop right in with no problems because this is, dont forget, my perfect dream world) and then sell the LS6 out of the Z for 3 or 4 and have a Z06 that has all the looks of the C5 with all the grunt of the C6 for around 36 thousand. And then Ill be able to get one of those vanity plates that simply says "427 Z"......its a nice thought anyway, guess we'll see what happens.

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for your input.

Not to start a large debate BUT

I have been told by a few that the C5R block is the way to go.

So I will continue my quest (impatiently). My ADD wanted it yesterday and forget what the voices in my head say. :roll:

Like always I may have to build one myself.

IDEA: This is an idea I have had; There are companys that make C2 bodies for C5 chassis. I was thinking of making the ultimate Z06. The first Z06 body with all of C5 technology.
Just a thought.

C5R or bust!

·
21,378 Posts
IVOZ06 said:
Thanks for your input.

Not to start a large debate BUT

I have been told by a few that the C5R block is the way to go.

So I will continue my quest (impatiently). My ADD wanted it yerterday and forget what the voices in my head say. :roll:

Like always I may have to build one myself.

IDEA: This is an idea I have had; There are companys that make C2 bodies for C5 chassis. I was thinking of making the ultimate Z06. The first Z06 body with all of C5 technology.
Just a thought.

C5R or bust!

Sounds like a good plan Ivo. I have seen a C2 on a C5 chassis and it was very sweet indeed! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I like the yellow MTI car alot IVO...BUT it doesn't seem to be what you really want man. If you're gonna stray...look into that C2/C5 idea. :coo:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts