Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need that little black frame that mounts around the perimeter of the license plate. If you have one laying around, I'd like to buy it. My buddy tried to find the part at the dealership and said they don't have a listing for it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Are you talking about a license plate frame? I don't think there is such an OEM part <shrug>. If there is, I certainly didn't get one with my car.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
No licence plate frame on my new 2004 Z06!!!???

Doesn't exist. Maybe from a third-party supplier?

-Bill.:-?

I recall I had one on my 'vert (2004). But, not with my Z.
Have them check Norm on a regular C5. NOT C5-Z06.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I bought one and it was $29.00 + $8.00 shipping and handling. But better than the $52.00 my local dealership wanted. :jawdrop:
Matt

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Relax guys I have a new one in the package that I received. It exists.

I'll get the part number on Thursday.

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Here is the part number Norm. 5978054

They have a listing for it. I just got the part number from my parts book. Tell him to look at the rear bumper. Group 7, 7.00, 4-1a4, illustration 9. Plain as day.

List is a bit over $47.00

My buddy at the dealership said my cost would be around $24.50 or so.

Joe

PerforminNorman said:
I need that little black frame that mounts around the perimeter of the license plate. If you have one laying around, I'd like to buy it. My buddy tried to find the part at the dealership and said they don't have a listing for it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
GM PART # 5978054
CATEGORY: License Plate Bracket/Plate
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $47.69
OUR PRICE: $28.13
DESCRIPTION: FRM-LIC/P

That's an outrageous price. Even 10.00 dollars would be high IMO. Who makes these things a NASA contractor. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Are you guys talking about front or back?

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe,

Thanks buddy. You are the man. I appreciate all you guys and your help.

Caveman: rear.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I still am confused as to exactly what this is. Can someone post a picture please? If it's just a black license plate frame, why would you want to spend 28 or 47 dollars on it? Is there something "special" about it?

Charlie

·
Registered
6,273 Posts

See this thread. Many pics here, some with, some without:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?p=841057#post841057

What is 'special' is that it snaps into four openings next to the plate. No visible means of attachment. It hides the edges of the plate, and fills the area between the plate and the reverse lights. In addition, it comes with the car. All three of my C5's have had these on at delivery.

My car has a big a$$. :yeadog:

·
Registered
229 Posts
hey Norm, if you didnt buy one yet i have one sitting in the garage that ill never use. its yours if you need it still :thumb:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
illmac77 said:
hey Norm, if you didnt buy one yet i have one sitting in the garage that ill never use. its yours if you need it still :thumb:

I'll take it. I'll PM you with my address and if you have paypal I'll send you something for the shipping.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts