Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a factory painted (Black) front license plate cover. Got one from online source but it is raw plastic. Thought I would inquire here before seeing what a paint shop would charge to paint mine.

Thank you

WIZ

·
Registered
267 Posts
I assume you are asking about a C5 license plate cover? And yes most plastic pieces such as that are always paint to match. No one is going to stock all the different colors that were available for the C5 through all 8 years of the production run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you are asking about a C5 license plate cover? And yes most plastic pieces such as that are always paint to match. No one is going to stock all the different colors that were available for the C5 through all 8 years of the production run.
Yeah...I figured as much...Was just hoping the someone from a state that requires front plate might have one they were willing to part with. Guess, I'll look at getting mine painted

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey buddy if you are still interested in getting a nice factory painted (Black) front license plate cover,I have a dealer of mine that once helped me to get mine for a decent price you can kindly contact

[email protected]

Good luck buddy

Sent from my S56 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info - Ordered and should be on the way!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey buddy if you are still interested in getting a nice factory painted (Black) front license plate cover,I have a dealer of mine that once helped me to get mine for a decent price you can kindly contact

[email protected]

Good luck buddy

Sent from my S56 using Tapatalk
I see you are using Tapatalk...I love that app but can't find this forum. How did you add it?
Thx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info - Ordered and should be on the way!
Well that went right out the window....Not too sure about your dealer friend....Money was sent and verified and now he is saying he didn't receive it. Not a happy camper right now

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why don't you just buy the unpainted cover, go the Duplicolor website, and buy a rattle can of paint and just do it yourself. It's not going to match 15-20 year old paint on the front bumper anyway. It should be good enough that you will be ok with final result.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why don't you just buy the unpainted cover, go the Duplicolor website, and buy a rattle can of paint and just do it yourself. It's not going to match 15-20 year old paint on the front bumper anyway. It should be good enough that you will be ok with final result.
You're right...I have the cover already....Just thought it would so much easier to get one from somebody that already had one that is painted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts