Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
^as stated above

looking for fairly low mileage stuff at a reasonable price.

please excuse the low post count as I am a regular on different forums.

-Rob

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
IVOZ06 has an LS6 out of an '01 for sale. He's getting big inches and wants to sell his original engine. He has a thread going...I'll try to find it and post a link.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
;o)

thanks for the quick help! I must say that this is a great forum. I think if I'm going to put money down on an LS6 I'll probably hold out for the 02. I'm looking for a wam bam 400+hp swap and I'm willing to hold out for a little while to find a great deal.

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
You are going to pay more money for an 02 with a measly 20 hp more.

My other 01 makes more rwhp than most 02's with the same mods.

I ordered a build sheet on my new Z and it was built less than two weeks from its sister. There are not too many, if any you can hear run before you buy it.

Life is a nogotiation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds very nice. If you don't mind PMing me with your rock bottom price and specs (dnyosheet components etc.) I will stew it over and get back to you. I'm not much for haggling so I'm pretty much going to make a decision based on the price that you PM me. What is the availabilty like for the accessories for that engine? in other words, I am going to need everything from the ECU, harnesses, intake, A/c brackets and the whole 9 yards. So I'll need to be able to pin down everything I need and know which model year accessories are cross compatible.
By purchasing the engine separately I may end up paying more in the end because I will end up paying a premium (time and money) for aquiring all of the little odds and ends.

thanks,

Rob

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
I guess this engine is not for a Vette.

I think your best bet is to find a wrecked Vette.

You could try to call the Karshop in Florida.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts