Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to find the 'best' deal on a set of Magnecor KV85 wires and Denso Iridium spark plugs for my '03 Z06. Any tips?
Thanks...:thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue2002Z06 said:
i got the wires from LPE for i think $64 shipped and bought my NGK TR55IX Iridium plugs from my local advance auto for around $53 after tax. That was the best deal i could find within the last 2 weeks.
hope this helps

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenfelter/product.asp?dept_id=44&pf_id=82
Magnecor KV85's are part # 85229 for 97-04 C5/Z06

Dave
Dave,
Thanks for the info. The LPE price is the best I've seen so far... :thumb:
How do you like those wires? Easy to install and nice improvement over stock?
Mark

·
Registered
133 Posts
i really think the Mangecor wires are built well and will hold up to the high heat of my LG headers. the install was a breeze (bout 45 mins with warming breaks because it was about 35* here in cincy) I indexed the plugs to point towards the exhaust valves on the head so it took a little longer to get them lined up properly, but other than that the install is pretty straight forward. Pull off the old wires carefully and take out the old spark plug. The 2 in the rear of the engine bay can be a pain because of the EGR pipes but i had a 3/8" U-Swivel Joint so it helped a ton. You can also just disconnect the EGR pipes and this would make it easier on your hands. Also, if you have just driven your car give it time to cool down a bit, ive noticed its easier to pull off the wire boots on a cool engine, and you wont burn yourself.

As far as improvement over stock i didnt notice any real increase in power or anything, but the car does feel a little more peppy and throttle response has definitely quickend. I had 50k on the car with a few race days down at KY Speedway so i know the plugs/wires were ready for a change. Hope this helps, please dont hesitate to shoot me a PM if i can help in any way. Best of luck:thumb:

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts