Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think I may have one in the garage. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Found it. It's one of those hideable ones. Nice and small. It has never been used.

$20 Shipped and it's yours.

I also have an MSD RPM Selector. Not sure if these RPM's will work with your setup though... Same price for thism item...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
KillerVette said:
I was looking at the raptor shift lights.....how does that one install??
If you decide to get one, I just got a Raptor. Nice unit & very easy to change the rpm setting. The customer service & responce to my e-mails were excellent. I debated about getting a Harlan but I'm glad I sprung for a few extrs bucks & got the Raptor. :z:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
terry schulze said:
If you decide to get one, I just got a Raptor. Nice unit & very easy to change the rpm setting. The customer service & responce to my e-mails were excellent. I debated about getting a Harlan but I'm glad I sprung for a few extrs bucks & got the Raptor. :z:
Terry, did you hook your Raptor up to wires under the left side of the dash or to the PCM? Where did you install the unit; I was thinking on the steering column for mine. Thanks.

Bob :D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really would not want to hookup to the PCM....its a pain to get to. Where is the place under the dash? I think i will mount mine on the gauge pod

·
Registered
882 Posts
Raptor is easy to mount. The power wires are at the passenger well. And there is a rather large bundle of wires at the top of the two "boxes." Unwrap and there are 2 large white wires and 3 thinner white wires. Tap into the most forward thin white wire. Easy to test. I just use alligator clips and clip onto an Xacto blade -- stick it to the wire.

Tape your wires to a length of a wire clothes hanger and feed it over the hump under the dash to the drivers side. Takes about 10 seconds.

Set the Raptors dip switches to a low rpm. Start the car up and it should flash with just a touch of the gas. ;)

I have a few pics, if you need them, let me know! :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
rpallas said:
Terry, did you hook your Raptor up to wires under the left side of the dash or to the PCM? Where did you install the unit; I was thinking on the steering column for mine. Thanks.

Bob :D
I looked at all 4 places. PCM, under dash by steering wheel, passenger footwell, and under the fuse box by the battery.

I felt that under the fuse box would be the easiest so that is where I went for the tach lead. I used the yellow switched power and black ground leads in the passenger foot well. I put a 1 amp fuse in the power lead.

I wanted it to be out of sight if possible. I made a bracket and attached it to the 10mm head bolt that is just under the dash by your right leg. I have it right tucked right next to the lower dash and pointing toward my head. I need to try it out to see if it will be noticeable in the daylight when I am concentrating on the road. If I have to I will move it up to the top of the steering colum area or the left sise of the dash by the A Pillar if I need to. :z:

·
Registered
787 Posts
I usually mount mine inside of the AC vents. Can't see a thing until you want to :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts