Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my stock clutch is starting to quit on me, LOL, guess it dosent like the newly added HP. i want to buy something that is going to more than hold up, seeing i like to beat on the car whenever i drive it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Clutch Parts & Install

bigmike32172 said:
my stock clutch is starting to quit on me, LOL, guess it dosent like the newly added HP. i want to buy something that is going to more than hold up, seeing i like to beat on the car whenever i drive it.
Mike,

Is your clutch pedal going to the floor.? More than likely you have air in the line. Believe it or not, that it is a three hour fix.

Stock clutches on these cars tend to go bad really fast, once you obtain 450 r.w.h.p. which I recollect you have. I would recommend the following three clutch packages only. The Cartek setup, The Spec III Setup and the Aussie setup. The first two are the only clutch setups I have seen go over 30k miles on high horsepower LS car. The Aussie is newer, so I no long term test data(altough it maybe out there).

I have a Spec IV Kevlar rated to 850 rwhp with an serated aluminum flywheel. It is a bit much on the street, but fantastic on the track. I have 34,000 miles on mine with a high torque motor in front of it and sticky tires on the back. Clutch is still going with huge abuse.

Make sure that have someone very knowledgable install it. I would also make sure, that each individual piece is balanced by your local machine shop. First individually, then together(With a marker on each piece). Make sure the assembler installs the clutch with the markers lines up. You will also need a throwout bearing and new fluid.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the clutch is actually a little sticky, especially in 3rd. i'm sure grinding it a couple of times going into 3rd while i was drag racing didnt help things much. i will have to check on those clutches and see what kind of prices i find, then its off to make someone rich with the labor rates, LOL! thanx for the info.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Luk Pro Gold works for me!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts