Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was a good and bad day. Good news is I ran my personal best a [email protected] and the bad news is I think I broke my tranny. the tranny just seemed to get stuck in a gear and not want to come out so when I got it home I decided to put back the stock shifter before the dealer see's it. Guess what! after pulling out the B&M and looking at it the end that goes into the tranny was slightly bent. could this be cause of my tranny woes. Well I put the stock shifter in and voila it works but not perfect. I think I may have bent a fork as the tranny know occasionaly grinds going into gear-almost like not having the clutch engaged fully. What do you think the dealer will say? Think B&M will warranty my shifter?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Vortec,

Probaly still bent fork os broke syncro's. Dealer course of action, Say" Whats wrong with my trannie it dont shift" Duh i dont know anything about trannies...............

Good Luck.....

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
With the stock shifter in there, try for warranty...a good mech. will know you have had the stock shifter out, though...unless you lay a perfect bead of RTV under the stock shifter.

You sure as hell shouldn't have bent the Ripper, though...did you, by chance, happen to have the Ripper in backwards? That's the only thing I could think of...and even then, no reason it should bend...:eek:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Yup - IMA Z06 is right...play dumb...:D

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ripper

No the ripper wasn't in backwards-how do i know? I put the stock shifter knob on it at first and the groove in the shifter is at the rear. Maybe I'll get my mom tot ake the car in. I never had a proble with ford when I broke my tranny 4 times-they just kept putting in new ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts