Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few times after logging on to my ATT internet connection a little (1 inch size icon) guy named Aveo pops up on my screen dressed up in an old fashioned bellman's uniform with a dorky lookin' face and hat. It just happens, and he stays there lookin at me until I click on him (I would rather....well, I better not go there) and PRESTO-BINGO he disappears and a new box appears soliciting me to buy some hi-speed internet access.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I make it go away forever? What or who forces this on my computer? I don't like anything forced on me, espcecially on this computer.

Anyone?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif
Red/Black Z

·
Registered
0 Posts
You probably downloaded something that had it in there, Zipster. Haven't seen that one yet. Did you try right clicking on it to see if there is anything?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PA Z06:

That's him! How do I get rid of the little b******?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_evil.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_evil.gif
Red/Black Z

·
Registered
528 Posts
Zip.
Like frank said if you right click on him do you get a menu of any kind. You can also check installed software to see if anything got installed on your PC. It will be called "Attune".

·
Registered
566 Posts
Zipster:

What kind of sites are you visiting, old boy? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Zippy,

I just remembered, I had that Attune installed on one of my laptops, and I didn't even knowingly download it. I removed it by going to SETTINGS / CONTROL PANEL / ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS. I found the Attune and just hit the UNINSTALL BUTTON.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The little b****** is gone. RIP /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Thanks Frank, your procedure zapped 'em!
I have no idea how he got inside my laptop. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Red Z

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
On my computer my guy looks like are own Frank./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts