Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pass the same gas stations every day the price has gone up 10c this week! (i wish my stocks were moving in that direction)
i hear the price per gal might hit 2 bucks
i should park the z and buy a horse.with my luck the price of hay will go up and ill get a ticket for having a horse in the yard!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I filled up 2 weeks ago for $1.57 per gallon.

Filled up today for $1.77 per gallon. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Somebody is screwing us!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can thank the Clinton administration for stifling any drilling for campaign contributions from his tree-hugging friends. For the last 8 years we have had NO energy policy.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts

On 2001-04-12 23:44, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
I filled up 2 weeks ago for $1.57 per gallon.

Filled up today for $1.77 per gallon. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Somebody is screwing us!!!
I don't feel too bad, since our gas prices are the same as yours, and I live a long way from Missouri. I was wondering if there was local gouging going on, I guess it must be a national phenomenon.

It isn't all bad. It does stimulate the development of alternative sources to traditional oil supplies./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would agree with CP. We had no energy policy during Clinton's administration and OPEC definitely doesn't help the situation.

I work on a commodities trading floor. The boys trading refined products say we'll easily see $2 gas this summer across the country.

Get out your wallet.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You know, you guys are amazing. Look what you pay for a coke or even a bottle of water. AND THEY DON'T NEED A BILLION DOLLAR REFINERY TO MAKE THE STUFF. Just because this may be one of the four-out-of-ten years that a refinery makes some money you are bitching. Do you have any idea what the price of gasoline would be if it even kept up with inflation? Sheesh!

·
Registered
906 Posts
A.) I'm glad I have energy stocks & B.) I'm enjoying the $1.52/gal prices we have now... but gas is still pretty damn cheap. (yeah I paid $.32/gal. for premium in '70!)

HarleyB

'01 Quicksilver/Black Z06 •SilverShark•

Throttle Depressed. Driver Very Happy.

Bill, I had to cut your sig down from 36K to 15K to meet Forum standards. Here is a link.

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/fcalmes/SilverSharkLOGO.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Most of my neighbors could care less! They use alternative fuel now - horsepower. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Yesterday morning my wife and I headed to Onekama, Michigan to visit our daughter and grandkids.....paid $1.87 for 93 grade premium! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
631 Posts
You guys are still lucky. Our fuel is 72 cents per litre in Canada - about 2.40 US a gallon by my calculations !

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
...As JeeseJames and PA_Z06 both mentioned Holiday and Summer Driving are starting to drive prices up. Luckily if you drive your Z06 moderately you can get 20 MPG. Much better than my Ford Ranger 4x4 or my wife's Durango.

CP - it is amazing that we do not think twice about paying $1+ for a 20 oz coke or a bottle of spring (tap) water LOL.

But seriously, we do need to have an energy policy in this country that will fuel our needs and our economy. The past 8 years of neglect are really starting to show. Especially in the western states. I was in he San Fransisco airport two weeks ago and they had no lights, no A/C and few services/businesses open due to the rolling blackouts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts