Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't tell you guys how pumped up I am about getting my 02' Z06! Everytime I read a new post it just pumps me up! It's very conforting to know I have fellow piers with everyday hands on living experience with this incredible ride! Out of the box the car is quite tasty, but as with all my previous and current cars I like to put my "Personal Touch" on it. Nothing "over the top". Just your "must have" Personal Plates, and I am a rim/wheel junkie so I'll most likely hook up some very tight chrome. My question is have any of you installed or are there available "Xenon" type bulbs available for the C-5? About 6 months ago a guy in a C-5 actually had these type of bulbs in, and it looked awesome! My cother car is a GS400 with XENON and it definitely gives character and looks sweet!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll give them a shout. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
68 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I just finished putting the HID and European glass lenses from LAPD in my '6. It was a lot more work than I expected--thanks to GM assembling the car around the lights. IF you do this, remember to put the low-beam connector onto the HID ballast UPSIDE down. I also had to put 15A fuses in place of the standard 10A because of the starting surge.

TOTALLY different lighting!!

PIAA Xll00 install is next after I get the brackets (come only with the lamp) and switch panel for the standard C5. LAPD claims the PIAA's become your high beams as the HID in European housings don't give a high beam option.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts