Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hey Sloth someone gave me a set of Xenon Plasma bulbs.I put them in and they had a slight hue of blue to them.I kept them in for 2 days.They looked cool to look at but I almost crashed at night.I could not see that well with them......especially one night in the rain....couldn't really see at all.Out they came and the originals went back in.Maybe they were a crappy brand or something but this was my experience.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I put some in a week ago, 80 watt lo-beam "H.I.D.'s". When you are replacing them and turn the lights on with one stock and one HID bulb, there is a huge difference in the color. The stock having that warm glow as apposed to the pure white light from the HID. Appearance wise they really look sharp although I'd like to see them coming at me in traffic (Problem is I won't let anyone drive her:D )

Driving with them is not as impressive. The color is noticebly white but not as bright as I would have hoped. I still have the HID's in but for how long I'm not sure. Definitly a big difference from the full HID treatment. My buddy's Acura has true HID's and they are really bright.

I am curious to see the full blown HID setup in action on a Vette.

Bottom line, I would say the bulbs are more of an exterior enhancement rather than an efficient upgrade. JMHO.

Good luck!

Paul

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
GaryZ06 said:
Hey Sloth someone gave me a set of Xenon Plasma bulbs.I put them in and they had a slight hue of blue to them.I kept them in for 2 days.They looked cool to look at but I almost crashed at night.I could not see that well with them......especially one night in the rain....couldn't really see at all.
Ya, that really makes me comfortable being on the road with all the little punks banging gears at WOT in their Civics with the fake HID bulbs in their cars. They can't drive at it is, and throw in low visability at night for a recipie for disaster :D.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Real Zenon lights like the Philips Zenarc need a 10,000 volt power pack. I fyou are just changing bulbs thats not real Zenon. It may be the reason the lights are so dim on your car. I have them stock on my Mercedes, now drining with standard halogen seems like using a flashlight with low batteries. The real ones are worth it, you will get better vis and that nice look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts