Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am planing to install the Xtreme Coolant Kit, 172 thermostat and controller . Does anyone has any experience or results with this mod.?? My car is getting too hot for my taste. In city driving with out the A/C the temp. will go up to 242. Hope this mod will help bring this down.
Daniel
:-?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi, I did some research on this and recently installed the 172 degree cool kit from Nate. The kit is very good quality, harness is easy to plug in to existing wiring, and yes - it works! My temps came down an average of 20 - 22 degrees.. Also added a bottle of Redline waterwetter...

In very cold weather ( in which I would rarely drive - you could disconnect the harness plug from the side of the thermo - if necessary...

I would do it again, it does not make power, but rather saves the loss of a few ponies due to excessive heat.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.:) I will try to install next week. Will report results.
Daniel

·
Registered
568 Posts
How hot does it get down there, Daniel??

I know I gets hot, but I'm wondering if your TPIS headers aren't causing a lean condition that is contributing to those very high coolant temps. 240+ is too hot.

I seem to recall other folks with mods that increase air flow having a lean/heat problem. Guys??

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Day time is about 89 to 91 and humidity is 89%, The Headers has not contributed to the high temp. The situation was present before the headers.
Daniel

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well if you are running 240 degrees, then get a thermo in whatever temp you like. I got a 160 thermo, but maybe a 172-178 would have been better. I also got a Davinci fan controllor which has a small dial that you can adjust to turn your fans on at whatever temp you want. With just the thermostat in, it runs cool on the freeway, but once you stop, the temps shoot up. With the fan controllor it keeps it cool all the time.

I've noticed my mpg has dropped off a bit with the car running at lower temps...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts