Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend, I had the privilege to meet up and check out this guy's car. At first glance, this car looked "stock" even down to the exhaust! But once the engine was started, there was no mistaking that it meant business. It had this low and mean rumble to it, like it was about to tear some shit up. :lol: Underneath the hood, there is no way you can tell that this car has a stroker motor in it or not. Actually, you can probably pass it on to people as just a heads/cam car. :D After a few more minutes of chatting, I decided to ask him if a could go for a ride. He happily obliged. Sitting in the car, the lumpy idle is just as evident as it is from the outside. It wasn't to the point of annoying(actually it was music to my ears)and you can still carry on a conversation without having to raise your voice. Now, on to the test drive........ He slowly pulls out the parking lot, as I wasn't prepared for what was about to happen. Approaching 30mph in 1st gear everything seemed calm then...... he floors it! it gets loose, he let's off a little, floors it again, once more gets a little sideways. Shifting into 2nd, traction was still nowhere to be found. Again, he has to let off, then for floors for the 2nd time. Still no traction!! Finally, shifting it into third was when the tires finally stayed on the road. " Holy Fucking Shit!!!" were the only three words I could muster up. WTF, just happened!?!? whatever it was, it sure made my day!!!!! We then headed back for the parking lot. After briefly talking, it came to my surprise he has never timed his car in the 1/4 mile!. Instead, he road races it. Before parting ways, I thanked him for taking his time in showing me his car. As I walked back to my Z, I couldn't help but think how slow it would be compared to what I had just experienced.(kinda makes me feel like a ricer) BTW, if your wondering, this was the first Z06 that MTI did with the 422. Also, it dynoed 500+rwhp!!!! Damn, this car is ungodly fast is all I have to say!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
That sounds like a exciting ride! Did he happen to tell you how much he has invested into the vehicle?

·
Registered
91 Posts
:eek:

That must have been sweet.

I am also wondering how much that cost.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Sounds absolutely deadly!!! :eek: :D :)

Did you tell him about z06vette.com?

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Thanks for the review ... I needed that. :cheers:

The MTI 422 (Z07) package goes for around 19-20K. Mine should be done soon (with a 150 shot). I believe Frank and Mrd are working on some kind of a write up / review.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts