Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Yellow boy just arrived.

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Felkebg 
#1 ·
Headed to Jumper Chev for delivery now. This is gonna be fun!!

#9 ·
This is gonna be one fun car. Shifter has to go. So does the skip shift crap.
Have not driven it far enough to make any serious evaluations but one thing is for sure: Above 3,500 RPMs it doesn't sound like ANY SBC I've EVER heard! EVER! I think it actually scared me a little. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Of course, with just 25 miles on it I'm taking it real easy. That won't last long. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and the 405HP is hard to see unless you're looking for it. Or feeling for it.

#12 ·
JEALOUS

Oh wait, that is how I am feeling....

Still waiting to hear from the dealer. I am next on the list.

#14 ·
I guess I just lost a post??? Wonder where it went?

Shoe - Like all dealerships, you need to know somebody at Jumper. Ask for Russ
Allen in sales. Or call his mobile 404-391-1316. He's made a fortune on me and he used to work for me. Ralph Hardy is good too.

fcalmes - I'm not much of picture taker but if we have a member in the north Atlanta area that is (Country Club of the South) I'll be happy to meet up with them. I think my black SS and the Yellow 06 will make a nice picture. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

#16 ·

On 2001-07-26 15:01, bibsuit spewed forth this drivel:
This is gonna be one fun car. Shifter has to go. So does the skip shift crap.
Have not driven it far enough to make any serious evaluations but one thing is for sure: Above 3,500 RPMs it doesn't sound like ANY SBC I've EVER heard! EVER! I think it actually scared me a little. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Of course, with just 25 miles on it I'm taking it real easy. That won't last long. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and the 405HP is hard to see unless you're looking for it. Or feeling for it.
What is SBC ? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

#17 ·
fcalmes - my pooter has been acting goofy all day. ME I guess.

SBC - The original small block chevy engine (265 derivatives). Not the LS series. The volume and tone of this LS6 changes dramatically at about 4,000 RPMs. Don't hold me to the 4k. Might have started a little sooner or later. I'll be ready next time. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

#18 ·
I know what you mean on the scare yourself line. This is the torque I have craved my whole life and it doesn't just impress the passenger it wows the driver too...... You know it is coming and it still surprises you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.