Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going down the road and saw a man about to run into the street. I was watching him so that I didn't hit him and all of a sudden, CLUNK. I ran over something. Looked in my rear view mirror and saw what looked like a crowbar. Now I know what the dumb azz was doing. Waiting for the traffic to pass so he could go grab he stinking crowbar. Well, I get home and see a hudge gash on my rear wheel lip. It looks like rolled up on a curb going 90. :(

I guess the good news is that I could get new bling bling wheels, but the smart thing to do would be to look for a used stocker. Any idea hom much a rear wheel in great condition would be and where to find one?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
That sucks :eek:

well a stock rear wheel could be $150 to $250, If I were you I would find a good deal on almost new set of Z06 wheels, take the one I need and sell or keep the other for future, It will be alot cheaper if you have the money to spend for now and get most of it back when you sell the other 2 to 3 rims :cheers:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
FL Bowtie said:
Going down the road and saw a man about to run into the street. I was watching him so that I didn't hit him and all of a sudden, CLUNK. I ran over something. Looked in my rear view mirror and saw what looked like a crowbar. Now I know what the dumb azz was doing. Waiting for the traffic to pass so he could go grab he stinking crowbar. Well, I get home and see a hudge gash on my rear wheel lip. It looks like rolled up on a curb going 90. :(

I guess the good news is that I could get new bling bling wheels, but the smart thing to do would be to look for a used stocker. Any idea hom much a rear wheel in great condition would be and where to find one?
One thing to consider: There are several companies that specialize in repair of 1,2 and 3-piece wheels. Fisher's Automotive in Baton Rouge is one such place. Call 'em and ask for Vic Fisher. Tell him "Thor" sent you. 225-293-8573. They repaired some curb rash on one of my Fikse wheels and it looks brand new.

-VIPER EATER

·
Registered
191 Posts
Also I have had good luck with Wheels America for rim repair. I see there is one in Florida. These guys have been turning over repaired wheels in 24 hrs.

Miami, FL

Wheels America

1567 NW 82nd Ave.

Miami, FL 33126

(786) 331-4030 Toll Free (888) 873-7561

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The trick going be matching the paint/finish

GM Light Gray Metallic
WAPB-9789
Univ Code# WA9789
Dupli-color# GM435
I ordered this number paint code for my 2003 Z06 at it was a exact match

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe the Eklers Spring Fling is this Saturday (April 9) 8:00 - 2:30 in Titusville (near Cocoa Beach). You might be able to find a good wheel at the swap meet.

Later ... Larry S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts