Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
My "Z" started that way, 1 qt. every 800 miles but I drive it hard 4500- 5000 rpms between shifts.
I now have 12000+ miles on her and it's every 16000 miles I have to add a qt.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HI there,
After you reach 4000 miles proceed to your local dealer, and start an oil consumption test.
They will proceed from there, best to a fair resolution to your issue, c4c5

·
Registered
0 Posts
As stated n a duplicate post:

On 2001-05-14 13:50, z06blackz06 spewed forth this drivel:
1600 miles and 2 quarts low!!!!!!!!!
z06blackz06,

Sherylann and I had the same problem with both of our Z's. About every 800 miles I had to add oil. I was VERY concerned, to say the least!! Seems though that the oil consumption is subsiding. Sherylann had her oil changed at 5000 miles and I just added a quart last week. She currently has 7,000 miles. 1 quart in the last 2000 miles. Not bad!!

I just had my oil changed today at 6000 miles. I will keep you informed if there is any improvement, but it seems the rings are beginning to seat.

1 quart every 2000 miles on such a high performance engine, and we don't baby them!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm not concerned anymore.

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-05-15 15:42, z06blackz06 spewed forth this drivel:
Thanks for the responses.

Does anyone see any oil residue on the tail pipes?
Black carbon all over my PRT tips, everyday. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-05-14 22:20, hcvone spewed forth this drivel:
3300 miles and built Oct 8th 99
Candyass garage queen!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

On 2001-05-15 15:45, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-05-14 22:20, hcvone spewed forth this drivel:
3300 miles and built Oct 8th 99
Candyass garage queen!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif ROTFLMAO
</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

No way, you could not prove that in court. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif

·
Registered
209 Posts
Frank

He's a candy ass garage queen hisself, nevermind the car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I cannot type what he says about you and me privately /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

jesse:mad:james

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jesse,

We will be able to add PU$$YWHIPPED to that candyass title just as soon as he gets married!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
JJ, talk about garage queen that black car doesn't come out ever, Frank I think your pu$$ywhipped times 2. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Right? This is the second time. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif I am single for many more weeks /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-05-15 17:27, hcvone spewed forth this drivel:
Frank I think your pu$$ywhipped times 2. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Right?
Uhhh...Yep!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif At least I can admit it.

Come on Carl, let it out. We know your whipped. Its OK...you have friends here. You're not alone. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
209 Posts
Frank

Carl keeps delaying but he's gonna bite the dust one of these days. He just cannot make up his mind on which one. The fiance or the girlfriend.

My money is the girfriend winning the luck /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif of the draw. If there wern't soemething there she'd be looong gone from his thoughts.

Stay tuned. Carleee, the Great ONE saga continues /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
JJ, that is funny you said that because my GF is on her way over to talk to me, and I her from the women that cuts her hair that it is good news for me, we will see because she told me she wants to have a serious talk, of course I have something else in mind. I will not without a fight. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Frank, I can not admit it, not yet. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts