Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is making me quite ill. Tuesday we had a hearing with the PD, a "probably cause" hearing. Aparently, being side by side with another fast car constitutes a drag race. And therefore they were by god going to hang on to those cars.

We tried to get a judge to hear our case this morning, but the DA was sitting on his ass, and hadn't filed the paperwork. No filing = no case in the Judge's view, so he refused to hear anything at all, at least until the paperwork is filed (sometime next week).

Advice: Never EVER visit Fresno. And stay out of California if you can.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Can we send the peopel some shit sandwiches?? :mad:

Man, this is incredible!!:( Hang in there bro. You got friends on this side!!
;)

·
Registered
514 Posts
What can we do guys?

Petition, Picket, Riot?

There's gotta be something we can do!

This is absurd!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well count your blessings your not in chino CA, becouse you would of lost your car "forever" but you would have a chance to see it in the police auction.
Take this advice never admit to anything specially in writing {your prior post} , just to let you know even though you didnt go fast ,they can pin you with racing and show of speed. :( :eek: :eek: :mad: :puke:
Oh buy the way this goes for NY,NJ,CA that i know of you can be charged with racing even if your the only car.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
say what?

How is selling your car legal? As far as I could tell from the CA vehicle code they can hold it for up to 30 days and thats it.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
CopTzr

Man, am I glad I was fortunate enough to not have been born in any of the states you mentioned...........

Facism is alive and well.................

Bottom line......it's not about the LAW, it's about REVENUE ENHANCEMENT...............

What do they use to "Confiscate", RICO statutes?????

All of you folks have my MOST sincere and deepest sympathies........IF you are a "Subject".......... in any of these states.

Food for thought..........did you know that we, as Americans are now taxed at a rate that is equal to OVER 2 times what would/did previously start a Revolution??.

Says a lot about we the Sheeple................:puke:

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Damn

I been a cop for 25 years (in NJ!), and I get embarrassed when I hear stories like this. I've probably written 10,000 tickets or so, but I always tried to be fair with everybody. One negative cop story spreads like wildfire. Trust me, there are some good cops out there. I never used the lawbook to see how bad I could screw with somebody.

I hope this has a happy ending for you, if that's possible.

Okay, now that I confessed to writing that many tickets, stand by a minute while I put my flameproof suit on.

FiveOJoe

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mike-

I'm sorry this hasn't worked out better for you. But don't lose faith. From what you told me earlier, it sounds like you guys are heading in the right direction and will have your cars back soon. I personally and professionally agree with all the steps your lawyer has taken to date. It is exactly what I would have done. Just be patient and don't let the bastards win!!!

Let me know if you want to chat or discuss this "off the clock"

you know my number.

Jason

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
JTBear said:
Can we send the peopel some shit sandwiches?? :mad:

Man, this is incredible!!:( Hang in there bro. You got friends on this side!!
;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: With extra shit, hold the bread:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I've had run-ins with police and political types in that area. They are creepy.

Oh Lord, stuck in Lodi again......... It ain't funny.

I feel for you guys. Good luck.

:puke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts