1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I just got a deal on a trailer and wheels and tow hitch
for my C5 Z06! Now, what tools/jack/technique do you
guys use? Can you safely jack up one side at a time?
thanks!
Joe

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I jack up where the pucks fit. I do the front and rear individually. On my old muscle cars I would jack the middle but not the Z. If you wanted to do that I would use two jacks at the puck points on one side. At home I drive onto a 2x4 to raise me up a bit so I can also jack from the back onto the rear girdle area. That I jack in the middle and raise both rear tires at one time. The front I need more than a 2x4 because you have to reach further in w/ the jack and it's a little lower. Again jack on the cross member at the webs for both front tires. Good luck!

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
I use the $59 Harbor Freight lightweight jack and a jacking puck at the front. You can change the front and rear at the same time. No problems.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I use the $59 Harbor Freight lightweight jack and a jacking puck at the front. You can change the front and rear at the same time. No problems.
I use a pretty snazzy jack, but otherwise the same procedure. It has worked fine for many years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you're taking spare wheels, consider these items:

1. torque wrench
2. battery impact wrench
3. pyrometer (very useful)
4. spare battery for your Go-Pro camera

Have Fun!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I drive to events on the wheels I compete on, but as far as jacking, I do one side at a time with one jack at the front tie down hole using a puck. Done that way for 4 years now on my c5z, not a problem.

Be careful at events as you often are not pitted on a level area, use a chock.

:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a tire trailer with a toolbox on it and change tires.

I use the lightwieght HF jack and some jacking pucks as well. I've not had any issues jacking up 1 side at a time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts