Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your one most enjoyable time behind the wheel of your Z?
Mine was a top speed run to 172 MPH on a deserted parkway that runs parallel with Lake Ontario. To me nothing makes you feel more alive than a top speed run with a high performance car!

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
A tie between doing 160 MPH last year and the first time I took my Daughter for Ice Cream in the car and she yelled go faster Daddy, go faster. She is going to be three in April.... :thumb:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Having a dump truck pull out in front of me and know I can't stop in time. I grabbed a gear, punched it and went around without a scratch. :cen:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
carzzy,

Is this near the Ford Plant? off the QEW?
It's about a 10km straight run?

I need to know.

-Bill. :pp:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
I took my Daughter for Ice Cream in the car and she yelled go faster Daddy, go faster. She is going to be three in April.... :thumb:
That has to be the cutest thing I've ever heard.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My biggest thrill in my Z was with my wife and will prob. be censored by the moderators anyway...

yes I was driving (she was shifting) we were both going faster and faster and faster and faster....

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
smook said:
carzzy,

Is this near the Ford Plant? off the QEW?
It's about a 10km straight run?

I need to know.

-Bill. :pp:
No, this was on the Hamlin Beach Parkway on a stretch between Hamlin Beach State Park and Lakeside State Park.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
stevep1794 said:
My biggest thrill in my Z was with my wife and will prob. be censored by the moderators anyway...

yes I was driving (she was shifting) we were both going faster and faster and faster and faster....
Too Much Info.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
A tie between giving my cousin a blast down my mom's street (where I used to try and patch out in my `63 Falcon wagon :eyes: ) and watching his face and driving like a madman on NJ Rte 15 slewing sideways and making obnoxious noise in heavy traffic.... :screwy:

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
zeroz06 said:
That has to be the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Zero, I had to get her a Z06 Pedal car... It is parked next to mine in the Garage. She talks about it all the time... Driving my wife crazy..... :D

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
defender said:
A tie between giving my cousin a blast down my mom's street (where I used to try and patch out in my `63 Falcon wagon :eyes: ) and watching his face and driving like a madman on NJ Rte 15 slewing sideways and making obnoxious noise in heavy traffic.... :screwy:

Heavy Traffic on 15, Never..... :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
Heavy Traffic on 15, Never..... :p :p :p

Tom, I know.... I was just pretending there was traffic there! It's usually so quite!! :D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
defender said:
Tom, I know.... I was just pretending there was traffic there! It's usually so quite!! :D

Oops - QUIET!! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Uvetteya, nice vid. Too bad you didn't have a camera mount so you could focus more on driving and steering....could we see 180? :jawdrop: I put at least the drivers window down when driving 150 mph+.....too much pressure in the cabin otherwises. At most DE's, they require you to have the windows down anyway. My rush was dropping back to 3rd gear on the Interstate to blow off a jerk on my tail and the car broke loose at 75 mph and almost went sideways.....A/H saved my ass and life together. He backed off, and I went home to change my shorts. :eek:o: :NoNo: Stay cool. :thumb:

Bob

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
WART TOUR WAS BY FAR THE BEST FOR ME!!! :z: :z: :z: :z: :z:

I do not get out much :lol:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
First launch after my twin turbo setup was completed. It was so violent it knocked the seat out of the grooves in the bracket and slammed me into the back of the car :jammin:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts