Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys;

I have been trying to decide on the best option to go with on chrome wheels.

Do I go with the chrome version of the stock wheels or do I go with HRE 541 or 547's

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mark Little said:
Hey Guys;

I have been trying to decide on the best option to go with on chrome wheels.

Do I go with the chrome version of the stock wheels or do I go with HRE 541 or 547's

:cheers:

Depends..... is money an issue? :)

I don't mean that in any sarcastic manner..... the HRE's are just a helluva lot more expensive than the chrome stockies. :eek:

My vote.... cost not being a factor.... go with the HRE's!

They are too :cool:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: Re: Your Chrome Opinions

AgentZ06 said:

Depends..... is money an issue? :)

I don't mean that in any sarcastic manner..... the HRE's are just a helluva lot more expensive than the chrome stockies. :eek:

My vote.... cost not being a factor.... go with the HRE's!

They are too :cool:
Gotta agree here, cant beat the hre's

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Personal opinion again.

I prefer the stock rims chromed, regardless of $$$

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sdz06, do you have a picture of a full side view shot, if so I would appreciate a post of it!

Thanks.
:D

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I personally prefer the standard Z06 wheels in chrome.

·
Registered
764 Posts
My vote is stock chromies!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is 3 for the stock chrome and 2 for the HRE's, how about the rest of you, what do ya think!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine are chrome reproductions from Corvettes of Houston; however, in my discussions with them - they get theirs from a supplier in California. The quality was outstanding! Here are some closer photos. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
RPOZ06,
Did you have any problems at all with your COH wheels? They are right down the road from me and I very much enjoy instant gratification.
I plan on checking with all of our vendors too, but I am not sure who I will use.

chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Chrisj - The only problem I had is that I thought it took a large number of weights to balance the wheels. I think this has been common with both the reproduction and OEM wheels. The quality of the chrome was very, very good. I know of several other members who have bought from Corvettes of Houston and they also claim very good chrome. I don't think you will be sorry. The other thing I liked about the wheels is that the center cap they send is plain (ie without the embossed logo). I wanted this because I wanted to put a combination Torch Red and Black logo to match the theme of my car. It worked out very nicely. Hope this helps.
Ron

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I like the Chrome Repos ;) Just make sure you get a 3year warraunty :eek:

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
High Polished OEM Z06 rims for the Performance Technical look:thumb:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts