Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bone stock - yes including air filter. Yet I have a very interesting story to tell. The only adjustment I have made is lowered air pressure in my rear threads (if you can call that an adjustment?)

Today on the way home I pull next to an '04 Viper (the reason I know it is an '04 is the yellow body an black stripe - only available in '04 - to my knowledge). As soon as I pull up he is rev'n his Viper (cough cough) engine.

I lay quiet, anticipating a green, rev'n at the last minute to 3000 and let her go on the light. We had a clear street, triple lane for at least two miles (not exactly your typical drive home) - took her to 130 (kmph ;) - that's just for any men dressed in blue who are on the board). He was in my rear view from 50-60 on - power shifting through each gear - it was my first awesome testimony that even stock our Z's kick a$$!

Can't imagine what my modded brothern experience! Can't wait!

What other stories are out there???

D-Day

:z:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Man, nice kill story! Must have been the low air pressure in the rear tires...cause those Vipers move pretty good in a straight line. :roll: I've gotta go let some air out of my rear tires. :ity:

Bob :eyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had my first C6 kill the other day. I was heading down 95 toward NC when an Orange one came flying up on my rear. I downshifted to 4th at around 90 and gave him the jump. I pulled from about a car behind up to almost 3. Only mods are a vararam.

·
Registered
959 Posts
996 Twin Turbo Porsche. Pulled about a car and a bit on him through 2nd and briefly into 3rd.

2nd day I had the car on the road. Haven't stopped smiling yet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.