Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is a REALISTIC rwhp/rwtq combo, for the Zo6's......

It appears, thet even with the cars original rwhp/tq, it is difficult at best to get it to run the best times without massive practice times/runs.....(Ranger, & PS.....)

So, with everyone mod nuts............where , and when is enough enough..............???.

At what point, do you get diminishing returns .......losing ET & TS, because you CAN'T launch.

I read thread after thread....of guy's running 380/420 rwhp......and not getting any better times OR worse than folks with stock rides............

In a nutshell...........WHAT do you consider optimum, without major suspension mods.............:-?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Z06LS6, I think 11.80s is gonna be the aprox times a good driver can get before they go to slicks no matter what mods they have except for N20 or blower. I think Optix?? ran a 11.50?? with a 75 shot and either stock tires or BFG Drag radials. Plus tracks differ so much it hard to form a specfic time. Speeds on the other hand will change with HP ratings. but 2 cars with 15hp difference could run the same speed if 1 person shifts 200rpm earlier than the other. Its just all fun. Now if your cruzing down the street at 50mph and another Z06 pulls beside you that has 30 more hp than you I think you will notice the difference quickly.

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts