Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a 02 Z06 with low milage seem like they sell around 32-34k.Well I found a 99 Hardtop(FRC),36,000 miles ,Black,mint with extended warranty included for 2 more years or 75,000 miles.New corsa indy exhaust with a cross over pipe and new run flats for 22.5k,sounds like a good deal to me what you think ? This will be my first vette and its 10k less then the Z.Is there that much of a differance ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is great that you are considering a Vette!

I owned a '99 Coupe, blk on blk - modified with simple bolt on mods - dyno jet showed 355 rwhp and 347 rwtq - so in comparison "rather" close to our stock Z's.

I agree with the above statement, drive both! In my opinion even with my previous mods my stock '04 Z far out performs (I mean farrrrrrrr out performs) my '99 hands down!

Regardless they are both awesome vehicles!

Good Luck!

D-Day

Oh, by the way run flats are the worst performance tire I have ever run on, so don't let those cloud the choice.

:thumb:

·
Banned
809 Posts
I think it depends what you want to do with the car. If you want to keep it relatively stock (a few mods), spend the extra for the Z. If you plan on swapping the engine, redoing the suspension and other major modifications, you might want to consider the FRC. I don't think that's the case though if a selling point is the extended warranty.

I would buy the Z06. I don't think you can spend $10K on the FRC and have as good of car in the end.

Sal

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I'd do my best to get a Z06. Nothing else (until the 505hp Zee) compares.

I had a '94 ZR1, and then two different Z06's, and the Z06 is the way to go. Goodluck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts