Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , This will be my first post and its a question;Sorry! I went to the Dallas Auto show and saw the new Z-06. Wowsers!! In talking with the GM rep, a pleasant young lady, she stated the GM will not allow dealers to add a " market adjustment " to the Z-06 price because of past consumer preassure. I asked her then how the cars were to be sold to individuals and she said to go to the dealer and get on a list. I called two dealers that said they are not doing a list and got the impression that they will price the cars as they please. So here's the Q; how have any of you successfully reserved a spot for a new Z-06 and at what price? If I am going to be gouged I'll wait a while but it would be nice to get an early one. Thanks, David.

·
Registered
40 Posts
David,

Welcome to the forum! Check out the dealer section for your answer. Most of us have contacted one of the forum dealers to get on their list at MSRP. Don't waste your time or money with a dealer that wants to clean out your bank account!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Agreed... nobody pays markups. You should have no problem finding a dealer who hasn't sold their allocation yet and who is willing to sell it as MSRP.

·
Registered
576 Posts
underdog said:
In talking with the GM rep, a pleasant young lady, she stated the GM will not allow dealers to add a " market adjustment " to the Z-06 price because of past consumer preassure.
I sure wished that was true but I am afraid that GM does not have that much control over dealer pricing. We all know how Bill Turd and LandShark dealerships (same auto group) price their vettes. Simply refuse to pay above MSRP and don't buy at those dealerships that insist on playing this game.

GOLD72 :mah:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
There is a lot more to it that getting your name on a list at a good price. If the Dealer was a low volume Dealer you may not get your car for 6 to 8 months into the production run. :cheers:

·
Registered
984 Posts
IT L GO said:
There is a lot more to it that getting your name on a list at a good price. If the Dealer was a low volume Dealer you may not get your car for 6 to 8 months into the production run. :cheers:
For most, it's not a concern whether we get one of the first cars on the street, only that we get one. I'm dealing with a low volume dealer who flat told me he could not get me an 06, but is guaranteeing me an 07. That's fine by me. The discount he'll give me will be well worth the wait. I know this because he's who I got my 02 from.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
That sounds good to me. I have had a set price area in my head since they started taking names on lists. If the price is to high I'd rather wait and buy a used one. I'm number 174 on Rick Daniels list. I hope GM uses common sense and makes these cars affordable like the C5 Z06's were. The higher allocated GM dealerships will get the cars first. Kerbeck-Les Stanford, 1 & 2 in the country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts