Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does it cost to exchange painted wheels for chrome wheels? Would it take away from the originality years down the road? The polished wheels look great but sure are pricy!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Try Corvette Garage on the left he can swap our your rims for either chrome or polished in either reproduction's or OEM. :cheers:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I haven't checked lately but they used to be about $800 with exchange. Hard to find OEM's rechromed but I had some. Only problem is most don't finish the barrels very well and the chrome wants to pit/corrode. :cheers:

·
Registered
596 Posts
You can exchange or purchase outright,look left. Finally put my polished wheels on ,and the brake dust is not as bad as with stock grey . It seems that now I can go two days instead of two blocks before I have to clean frnt. wheels. Not compleatly happy with groves in side , kinda from the wheel edge to center hub, can the fine grooves be buffed or ground out.

GASH EB 02

·
Registered
101 Posts
Regarding buffing out polished wheels.

I don't know if Corvette wheels are this way but I have heard that some polished wheels have a clearcoat sprayed on them to hold the finish and prevent oxidation.

If these Corvette wheels were polished mechanically to take out imperfections should a clearcoat be sprayed on to prevent oxidation?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Don't know if it's changed but early C6 polished wheel's CQ sucked. There were numerous posts concerning this on CF.
Buddy of mine swapped his stock polished wheels out for chrome C6 wheels a month after he got the car.........mucho better looking imho

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I love the look of a polished rim!!
Mine aren't coated and with ceramic pads the dusting is minimal!!

If you are going to a show; a battery drill, Flitz w/ball and an hour will make them look like new!!

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts