Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Mt Equinox VT. They used to race up the mountain( maybe still do) Had the ZO6 up to 80mph in a couple of places :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Rick. How about adding a big red bow. Very nice Christmas present. :cool:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
HELP Please

Okay I admit it, I can't figure out how to add a pic as an attachment. I know where the box is, but... do I host the picture on the net somewhere then enter the url to the pic, or does it upload the image to the forum server from my harddrive?? I have tried several different things, never get a pic. I need specific instructions please? HELP HELP

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
The above reminds me that I have a few questions about posting pics as well.

JC, Moderators; would it be appropriate to have some printed instructions somewhere on how to post a pic? Maybe the (FAQ) section?

Or are there too many variables to list?

Thanks;

Pat :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is what I do. I don't know if there is a better way.

1. Size the picture at 6x? or 7x? and 'save as' jpg file somewhere on your computer. That way the file size is small - about 25k. The system won't allow you to post a file larger than 100k. I use a temp folder for these because they are reduced size. I also put 'sm' for small in the title so I know that it is reduced size. That keeps the master from being degraded.

2. Go to 'Attach file:' on the post input sheet and 'Browse' to find the file location on your computer.

When you 'Submit Reply' the system picks up the attached file in the post.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Here's another one!!!

chris

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Roger. I do mine similar,but I have to resize the pictures so they aren't over 100K. I notice some members pictures come right up( Such as the last post by Chris). How are you guys doing that?
ps No, I didn't stel the pumpkin. Still had another 400 miles to travel.Didn't need that rolling around in the back of the car :lol:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I resize also. I have found that 6x? or 7x? works fine and yields a small (~25k) file.

The other guys that have pictures come up in the post have that picture file hosted on the web somewhere. I don't have that capability.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Baron, the ones that come up automatically are ones that people are hosting on their own space somewhere on the web. The ones that are links are stored on our server.

Long term, active members can contact me for a URL that will allow them to host images here.

JC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts