Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are from the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay at Point Lookout, MD. The southern most point of the peninsula.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Call me silly, or maybe it's because it's December, but that water sure does look cold!:eek:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The water temperature is still about 60 F. The idea is to go 'on' it not 'in' it. And be prepared for survival just in case you do go in. When the air temp goes below 70 F I wear a wet suit. The season is over, for now, but I usually drive my Z06 to the marina to fly my other rocket. I call myself a 'Professional Jet Pilot' because I Jet Ski every day the weather allows. 119 hours this year.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Roger,
Nice pictures, I was stationed around there.(NAS Pax River MD) from 1971-1973

carzzy

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I was in a P3 squadron, (VP30) I remember driving to Point Lookout with my '69 Vette convertable, nice scenery out there. In the spring, I would like to take a tour of the area in my Z, it would be nice to visit the area , after all these years.

carzzy

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Roger Ramjet said:
I call myself a 'Professional Jet Pilot' because I Jet Ski every day the weather allows.
Sweet ski Roger!:cheers:

·
Registered
376 Posts
QKSLVR

These photos were taken here in Rhode Island at Beavertail, on the island of Jamestown overlooking Narragansett Bay, and facing Newport Rhode Island (The famous ciity by the sea). Unfortunately these do not show the awsome lighthouse at the very tip of the island.) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: QKSLVR

QKSLVR said:
Unfortunately these do not show the awsome lighthouse at the very tip of the island.)
Nice! I guess you'll just have to go back and get a Z pic with the lighthouse.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sigung86 said:
Sweet ski Roger!
It scares me more than my Z because I let it hang out a little further on the boat. It's a 70 mph white knuckle ride. Very hard on the body but I love it.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
:( It is finally here! And to think it was 70 degrees last Thursday :lol: A minor inconvenience compared to the problems in the rest of the world. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ms. Ramjet

Yesterday we had some postings from Ms. QKSLVR. I showed them to my wife. Now she wants to read all the 'Z Pictures for Today' posts. :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
MS QKSLVR

MS QKSLVR sent the photos today too. Hello MS RAMJET! QKSLVR himself will leave the photos up to me, so check periodically for new ones... We got our firsit snow today as well.....70 degrees all week and 5 inches of snow now ! Not good for QKSLVR, but our sleds are ready.....We ride skidoos like you ride the waves...:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts